Controversial advice from diet chef -opinions.

robsterswife

Tummy Mummy
A friend of mine is a diet chef , I spoke to him and explained that I have lost barely anything in over 2 months ,I have been 11st 9 no matter whether I am on or off plan (see below).
He told me I need to have a week or 2 of eating as I please ,as the weight that has come off so far is fluids and the rest to come off is actual mass.
So at the end of my 2 week off plan today and am going back to plan again, will keep you updated ,am hoping that at the very least my body will be tricked into thinking I am starting over and I will see the losses I was having previously.
What do you think ???

I usually have a fairly decent loss after the initial gain of going a few days off plan. Hope it works for you and you get good results. x

A friend of mine is a diet chef , I spoke to him and explained that I have lost barely anything in over 2 months ,I have been 11st 9 no matter whether I am on or off plan (see below).
He told me I need to have a week or 2 of eating as I please ,as the weight that has come off so far is fluids and the rest to come off is actual mass.
So at the end of my 2 week off plan today and am going back to plan again, will keep you updated ,am hoping that at the very least my body will be tricked into thinking I am starting over and I will see the losses I was having previously.
What do you think ???

There's a lot of evidence to support this. I wouldn't say that the weight so far would be fluids etc, but what they call refeeding is a well known technique advised by a lot of people in the dieting physiology world.

It's not that it tricks your body; it's more scientific than that. It can restore a number of the dieting hormones that can slow weight loss after a period of time, and bring them back to their full glory :)

Worth a try if you've had a long stall :)

Thanks for the support ,I'd never heard of this before ,although this is the first time I have dieted.
Thought you might all be telling me I was wrong ,so I am glad others had heard of it.
The cupcakes tasted damn good too ;)

Hmm.. id never heard of the science behind it, just assumed it was a theory.

about a month ago now, i had well and truely gone of the wagon, i binged for 4 days straight untill i had made myself very unwell.
Since then i lost 6lbs, 2.5lbs and another 2lbs getting me to target. I have had bad binges in the past, but nothing compared to this, but its given me better losses since then, even better than when i was in the full swing of things and still had loads of weight to lose.

i wonder whether this was the reason?
x

Hmm.. id never heard of the science behind it, just assumed it was a theory.

about a month ago now, i had well and truely gone of the wagon, i binged for 4 days straight untill i had made myself very unwell.
Since then i lost 6lbs, 2.5lbs and another 2lbs getting me to target. I have had bad binges in the past, but nothing compared to this, but its given me better losses since then, even better than when i was in the full swing of things and still had loads of weight to lose. i wonder whether this was the reason?
x
Ooh I'm all excited now !! What fab losses, I am 1st 9lb from target but 1.5 lb from 3 stone off ,so even that would please me right now!!!

LOl please dont get too excited, as iv said, iv had bad binges before and its taken me weeks to get the weight off..

id been maintaining my oringal target weight and 4.5stone off for 10 months so i think with that combined is possibly what did it.

the binge i had was disgusting, one morning alone for breakfast (at the hotel) from what i can remember consisted of 3 bowls of cereal, 6 mini muffins, 8 peices of white toast, with real butter, fruit juice, hot chocolate and a cooked breakfast.

i then went on to eat pancakes in the theme park,

a family bar of chocolate

then a havester stacked burgers, onion rings, chips, 3 more whit bread rolls and butter and an icecream sunday.
That was just one of the days, and im sure iv forgotten more that i ate that day alone.

I am thoroughly ashamed of myself, even now. The binge started at alton towers on the sunday, and by wednesday night at WI i gained 5.5lbs and had to leave early, i was sick real bad and my mum ended up traveling over to clear up after me and take care of me.

That was my turning point. I will NEVER let myself get that bad again.

hmm I can see why this works cause I have every sat off (my weigh day) and seems to help me losses. but I have just been on holiday a week and gain 5lb but only lost 4lb off it this week and i know alot of people take months to shift there xmas losses.
good luck hun let us know how you get on

Yeah, you can't guarantee it will work. It will depend on what is causing the stalling in the first place, plus very many other factors.

It helps restore the dieting hormones if they've gone too out of whack, but if they haven't, then it wont help;)

Back