Cooked fruit query?!

lanugowife

Hi all

I have porridge every morning for brekkie & cook in the microwave. Before cooking I stick in a chopped apple & had been counting it as free but suddenly thought is it actually classed as cooked fruit? It's not in long enough to go mushy & still has a crunch to it, I just like to heat it up.

Thanks all x

If it's going in the microwave it will cook, maybe not to go very soft but all the same it will be cooked. To be on the safe side I'd syn it or if you like it crunchy just add it in last:D

Thought as much! Thanks though, I will add at the end now then instead, can't waste syns on that & lose my 3rd superfree if ee! x

If you are putting 1 apple in, I would count it as free. However, if you were putting more than 1 then I would say syn it.

Defo wouldn't syn! Your not changing the sugars (i.e. stewing) or consuming masses (smoothie style)... Enjoy your syn free apple!! x

If it was me I would call it free . Ur not cooking the juices out of it and its still takes the same amount of time to eat it as its still solid not mushy

Consultant said as long as it's not mushy it can be free but to watch my losses & if they seem to be affected then to stop it or not have every day. X

Back