Cooker Broken, food wasted?

chiefbridesmaid

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Trying to get back on track so decided to cook big roast chicken dinner & enough for tomorrow too so I'll be organized and I chopped and prepared the whole lot and put in the oven and was on for around ten mins and the whole lot went off including the hob!

So, text my landlord and he said hell order a new cooker when he gets back from holidays but that means a whole week with only a microwave and toaster!

So question is to the wise people of minimins because I havnt a clue can you cook chicken breasts and veg in the microwave? Breaks my heart throwing all this food away as I don't have alot of money and don't like waste :(

Actually chicken is one of the things that cooks well in a microwave. We always cook chicken in the microwave before we put it on the bbq. It stays succulent and is always cooked to the bone.

Try this site for inspiration

Chicken Recipes | Microwave Recipes Cookbook

You can get those microwave dishes in poundland, B&M etc for a couple of quid. I've never tried them as I mostly use the oven, but they promise to do roasties perfect chips in the micro!

Or maybe now is a good time to invest in a halogen oven??
Coopers Halogen Oven: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

definately check fusebox just incase

Do you have a slowcooker? If Not i'd be tempted to invest in one, just a cheapy one and cook your chicken in that :D and you can use it all week for cooking yummy meals :D

They had them in asda last week for £7 :)

Bloomin' 'eck !!!

Only little ones though!! I think they are only £12 full price. I got one, it would easily cook a stew for 4 (or 3, if like us you eat a lot) :rolleyes:

silly sausage said:
Sorry if this is dead obvious, but have you checked your fuse box?

Haha yep that's the first thing I did, still no hope so I have been using the microwave to cook omelettes, scrambled eggs, jacket potaoes& beans, and frozen veg too.. It's a whole other world this microwave business :) new cooker will be in on Tuesday wohoo

Back