Cooking help - reheating v low fat fromage frais in fish pie

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gl12282, 28 December 2010 Social URL.

1. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Advice about cooking/reheating fromage frais. Apologies if this is being posted in the wrong thread (it's not actually a recipe though)

I am planning to make fish pie tonight. I have found a number of recipes around here and on the SW site. I was hoping to also take into work tomorrow and heat up in the microwave. I have looked at lots of recipes on here and SW site and have decided between either one using laughing cow lights or v low fat fromage frais as the base for the white sauce.

I think I would prefer to try the fromage frais one, however I wondered whether the v low fat fromage frais will be all right heated up in the microwave the following day ? I usually only add yoghurt or fromage frais to a sauce just before serving following my disaster the first time when it curdled but wondered whether it would be ok as the base for a sauce reheated ?

Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Gail x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lottie1982

lottie1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(18.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does tend to curdle a bit after reheating but still tastes fine so depends on whether you are bothered how it looks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.