Cooking myself slimmer

MarieDK

I've just started again with Slimming World and I thought I might give a diary a go, and as I love cooking, perhaps share some finds and recipes along the way. I really love to cook - I might not be Nigella but I love having a go. So as well as keeping a log of weight loss, it might be a nice thing to have a log of new recipes I have tried out or adapted on slimming world.

About me:
I am 40, English and live in Denmark. I have two girls aged 23 and 17. I bake decorated cookies and cupcakes from home and am at language school learning Danish twice a week. My husband and 17 year old daughter eat the same SW dinners as me so I am not cooking different meals for everyone. They seem happy enough! :)

I lost 4 stone last time I did Slimming World but put about 2 back on whilst I haven't been following the plan.

My start weight this time is: 15st 12lbs and I am 5'6" my goal is initially 11 stone but I may want to go to 10 (seeing how I feel/look etc)
Week 1 loss of 5lbs

The picture is some of the meals I made last time I did Slimming World and I will hope to pop up a recipe each week that I have tried out with a pic. (it should also keep me trying out different things so the plan doesn't get dull)

Marie x

Attachments

• Collage of meals.jpg
    Collage of meals.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 43
Weigh in Day for me and it's gone well :) Week 2 - 4lbs off bringing me to 15st 3lbs. My husband lost 5lbs this week and it's his Week 1.

Very busy week so I generally stayed with my SW tried and tested recipes, however I did Simming Worldify a Spanish Omelette yesterday. I sometimes struggle a bit with lunches, in my head I think I should be eating crispbreads and salad and then get really hungry when that's all I have so I am trying to eat something a bit more filling on hungry days.

I popped the potatoes and veg in the actifry so I didn't need to stand over the hob, it worked pretty well. This is the recipe:

Spanish Omelette (1 syn per serving)

Serves 4
1 syn per serving

Ingredients:

3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 red pepper diced
6 eggs
2 tsp oil (4 syns)
Chives or parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Slice your potatoes and put in the actifry with your oil, let it cook for 15 minutes
2. Add the finely sliced onions and diced peppers to the actifry and continue to cook for a further 7-10 minutes
3. Whisk 6 eggs with salt and pepper to taste and some chives in a bowl
4. Heat a non stick frying pan and add the sliced potatoes, onions and peppers then pour in your eggs
5. Once the omelette is almost set either pop it under a grill until browned or use a plate to flip it over in the pan.

Leftover omelette portions could be used for packed lunches.

It's been quite hectic so I haven't tried any new recipes this week. I did have a 2lb loss on Friday which was brilliant though :)

I do have a kind of top tip to share. I buy a lean ham joint most weeks, I pop it in a pan of boiling water for about 30 mins then bake it in the oven for the same time again. We usually have a meal from it freshly baked and then I use a slicer to slice it nice and thin. It's a really economical way of buying ham (well certainly where I live) and, as I can't get rashers of bacon here (just the very fatty streaky stuff) I also use it in place of bacon medallions, I just dry fry it in a non stick pan and it's really good. I would guess a gammon join would also be good.

Ooh Marie your spanish omelette looks so yummy, i might have to try that one out :) Well done on the loss so far :D

It was another 2lbs off yesterday. Again, very busy week with little time to cook, however we did have the Fakeaways Fried Chicken last night for dinner. Everyone enjoyed it (despite quite odd recipe) afraid I can't post it here I think as it's out the book. Will definitely have a recipe to share next week as I now have time :) Hope everyone's having a brilliant week!

Fakeaways Book Recipe - Southern Fried Chicken, with home made coleslaw (using syn free creme fraiche, a little mustard, lemon juice, chives) I count it usually as 1 syn per portion. Barbeque baked beans (just added some of my home made 1 syn BBQ sauce) Chips done in Actifry. (1 syn on oil)

Hi :) Have a bit more time to cook now. Cobbled together a kind of chinese dish last night as I got some very lean chicken mince cheap at the shops.

This is the recipe:

Chinese Chicken Meatballs with Chow Mein

Ingredients:

For the meatballs
400g Lean Chicken Mince
Spring Onions
Pinch of White Pepper
Teaspoon of fresh Ginger
Clove garlic, minced

Just combine all the ingredients together and form into balls, pop on some baking parchment in a 180 degree oven for about 20 minutes, you can spray them with frylite if you like.

Chow Mein - (I just used the vegetables I had in my fridge)
3 carrots finely chopped
Good handful of shredded white cabbage
1 red pepper, finely sliced
Mushrooms, sliced
Handfull of spring onions sliced
Teaspoon of ginger
2 tbsp oyster sauce (1 syn)
1 tbsp soy sauce
pinch of white pepper
Noodles

Stir fry the vegetables and ginger whilst cooking the noodles as it says on the packet, once the vegetables are just cooked, add in the oyster sauce, soy sauce and seasoning. Cook for about 1-2 minutes max, combine them all together and serve. We ate this with a tablespoon of hoisin sauce for 2 syns.

Back