Cooking now im off work

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by pizzle84, 26 May 2011 Social URL.

1. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    Tomorrow is my last day at work (yay) so im going to be able to cook meals during the day and really plan what im going to eat. Iv got a 4 yr old and i want to cook cakes and biscuits with him but i have NO will power not to eat them myself. So what can i cook with him thats SW friendly that can replace all these yummy cakes and biscuits?!?!?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kerry2285

kerry2285 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can still make cakes - there's quite alot of different ones on here.

My mum makes the sw spanish orange cake, but you can change it to make a lemon drizzle too.

Serves: 12
    Prep time: 20 minutes
    Cook time: 30 minutes
    Syns: 3.5 (all plans)

For the cake
    4 eggs, separated
    50g/2oz golden caster sugar
    5 tbsp artificial sweetener
    150g/5oz self-raising flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
    juice of 2 oranges

For the syrup
    zest of 2 oranges, finely grated into long strips
    juice of 2 oranges
    1 tbsp arrowroot
    4 tbsp artificial sweetener

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Line a 20cm/8in cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.

2. Place the egg yolks, caster sugar, sweetener, self-raising flour, baking powder and orange zest and juice in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until softly peaked then fold them into the egg yolk mixture. Spoon this mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cake is risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.

4. Meanwhile place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan with 90ml/3fl oz of water and bring to the boil, whisking constantly. When it starts to thicken, remove from the heat.

5. Drizzle the syrup over the cake and decorate with raspberries and grated orange zest. Cut into wedges to serve.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you had a look in the recipe sub-forum? There are are lots of cake and biscuits recipes there. Also check out www.slimmingeats.com and click on the desserts link.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    thanks guys that a great help :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.