Cooking question

Ok sorry I this is a daft question but......

I seem to find lots of recipes that require coconut milk so are a nono for me. I am just wondering if I could use coconut flavoured mullerlights?

If I did, would I have to use the same quantity??

I've never tried it before myself, but I've heard people say they've used it, I think you can get away with just using the one... maybe use some stock as well just to give it a bit more sauce?

I never use coconut milk in recipes - I use the coconut Greek Muller Lights. They are amazing! I add two to my mushy pea curry and it makes it just like a korma. I'd definitely recommend using then in cooking. At least give them a try - it won't kill you :)

I never use coconut milk in recipes - I use the coconut Greek Muller Lights. They are amazing! I add two to my mushy pea curry and it makes it just like a korma. I'd definitely recommend using then in cooking. At least give them a try - it won't kill you :)

Cheers hun
I'm off to morrisons to buy aload of salmon sides while half price & saw a recipe for a salmon balti - so I'll get some mullers while I'm there then to try it out!
"0)

Cheers hun
I'm off to morrisons to buy aload of salmon sides while half price & saw a recipe for a salmon balti - so I'll get some mullers while I'm there then to try it out!
"0)

You're welcome - enjoy! :) xx

Light coconut milk is not too bad syns wise - 0.5 syn per level tbsp. I also use grated creamed coconut which is 8.5 syns for 25g but I find you only need 2 syns worth per person.

I'd always rather use the real thing than a substitute if possible, especially if its an integral part of a recipe. Plus the mullers are no good for veggies sadly :(

I've cocked up!!!

Morrisons didn't have any coconut mullers - so I bought their 50% lower fat creme fresh by mistake!! I meant to buy their fomage Frais so I now have 150ml to work out the syns on :(

My dinner is smelling & looking Devine though ;)

I've cocked up!!!

Morrisons didn't have any coconut mullers - so I bought their 50% lower fat creme fresh by mistake!! I meant to buy their fomage Frais so I now have 150ml to work out the syns on :(

You can use 1syn for every 20 cals for the creme fraiche :) enjoy x

EEk !
I bought almond milk and coconut milk from Tesco tonight and they are both 65 cals for 250 ml so lower fat and calories than skimmed milk. I know I can have 400ml of the almond milk for a HEXA and thought I could do the same for the coconut milk. Have I got this wrong ?!

EEk !
I bought almond milk and coconut milk from Tesco tonight and they are both 65 cals for 250 ml so lower fat and calories than skimmed milk. I know I can have 400ml of the almond milk for a HEXA and thought I could do the same for the coconut milk. Have I got this wrong ?!

Which brand of coconut milk did you buy?

I've cocked up!!!

The half fat creme Fraiche is 1.5 syns per tablespoon - unless you got the Morrisons NuMe 3% fat which is 0.5 syns per tablespoon.

There are 15 mls in a tablespoon so it's 15 syns in 150mls.

Yeah it was that one :)

So 150ml is 10 tbs @ 0.5 syns per tbs = 5syns??

Served 4 too so just 1.25syns each?? I'll be good & say 2syns then - it was soooooooo nice too defiantly be making that again :)

Why don't you use coconut flavouring then add O% FF or Greek youg ( at the end of cooking otherwise will split!) I mentioned it in group 1st now C keeps recommending it as she is a Korma
lover too

Yeah I saw about the coconut flavouring, I'm just to impatient as I wanted to try this recipe today! Haha I looked if Morries had any kind of coconut flavourings but nope

Back