Quiche
Salads
Casseroles with mash
Savoury rice stuffed into peppers topped with cheese
Fajitas
Burgers

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for such an impressive list!
I am getting back on the wagon and don't want to be cooking separate dinners, but there are lots of realistic meals on your list, so thanks again :)

Thanks for such an impressive list!
I am getting back on the wagon and don't want to be cooking separate dinners, but there are lots of realistic meals on your list, so thanks again :)

Check out the recipes thread Hun or my listed threads as there are lots of ideas on there for u and there all suitable for the whole family xxx

No problem at all.
Oooo another favourite of ours is carbonara too and it's really quick to make. I'd post you the link to my recipe but I can't do it from my phone lol.
If you want to see the recipes thought you can click on my name then on latest posted threads of something like that lol xxx

If you follow my link you will find over 60 pages of recipes! Index on page 60.......

I only ever make one meal .... Unless its leftovers day worried at first if it was suitable for my toddler but as sw Is a healthy balanced way of Eating for life its perfect for him to start the good Eating habits early xx good luck and happy cooking

cat yoyo greaves said:
I only ever make one meal .... Unless its leftovers day worried at first if it was suitable for my toddler but as sw Is a healthy balanced way of Eating for life its perfect for him to start the good Eating habits early xx good luck and happy cooking

That's what I want to do ,hubby will try most things, but I have a 12 yr old that says he don't like most things, a 7 yr old that will pretty much eat anything but a 5 year old that won't eat meat or anything sloppy !!!!
So when I look at a recipe I think they won't eat that, and he won't eat etc, but I am going to just start cooking one meal and if they are hungry they'll have to eat it !

That's what I want to do ,hubby will try most things, but I have a 12 yr old that says he don't like most things, a 7 yr old that will pretty much eat anything but a 5 year old that won't eat meat or anything sloppy !!!!
So when I look at a recipe I think they won't eat that, and he won't eat etc, but I am going to just start cooking one meal and if they are hungry they'll have to eat it !

matthew my toddler sometimes says he doesnt like things but if hes hungry he eats it and if not it gets cling filmed until he says hes hungry then he gets it back (i do re heat it though ... im not totally cruel ) sounds strict i know but thats how may parents did it with me and it does work

it would drive me potty making loads of different meals

my son loves fish cakes and you can make sw versions

below im listing a few family faves in our house

bangers and mash (i make my mash syn free and creamy by mashing in a n egg whilst the potato is hot and seasoning well sounds strange but it works i was sceptical too) and use weight watchers sausages at half a syn each .... and plenty of veg
gravy i make with water mushrooms onions and beef oxo roast mushrooms and onions in oven then blitz with oxo and water and reduce to a thick gravy (syn free and packed with hidden veg)
stews casseroles etc etc
sausage casserole is good 1x tin of beans 1x tin chopped tomatoes 1x pack sausages (ww ones again) chopped an onion and peppers and add chopped potato too if you wish chuck all together mix and cook in oven or slowcooker
egg and sw chips
crustless quiche (i make mine in a silicone cake tin or mini ones in silicone bun trays)
beans on wholemeal toast (simple cheap and tasty)
surprisingly fish fingers are low syn(1.5 to 2 syns each depending on brand) so you can always have fish fingers with the kiddies
gammon god we love gammon
roast dinner (as long as you dont eat the skin and cook roasties in frylite its syn free)
shepherds pie
chicken pie (mashed topped ) i use my leftover chicken from a roast to make this
tuna pasta bake
sausage pasta
cheesy pasta
creamy brocoli pasta(i use primula light 1/2 a tub is a hex a ) to make the sauce

i could go on forever

It's only me and my husband and he has what I cook, he likes his meat so I try not to cook vegetarian dishes, as much as I would prefer them sometimes! (I used to be a veggie and still enjoy the Quorn/LM stuff)
Good thing is he's quite open to trying new things so I can be creative.
A favourite with both of us is Lemon Chicken with fried rice and he loves my steak and shallot pie I make.
When we have kids, we won't be cooking separately for them, as my parents never did and I love pretty much anything. I don't want fussy children

cat yoyo greaves said:
matthew my toddler sometimes says he doesnt like things but if hes hungry he eats it and if not it gets cling filmed until he says hes hungry then he gets it back (i do re heat it though ... im not totally cruel ) sounds strict i know but thats how may parents did it with me and it does work

it would drive me potty making loads of different meals

my son loves fish cakes and you can make sw versions

below im listing a few family faves in our house

bangers and mash (i make my mash syn free and creamy by mashing in a n egg whilst the potato is hot and seasoning well sounds strange but it works i was sceptical too) and use weight watchers sausages at half a syn each .... and plenty of veg
gravy i make with water mushrooms onions and beef oxo roast mushrooms and onions in oven then blitz with oxo and water and reduce to a thick gravy (syn free and packed with hidden veg)
stews casseroles etc etc
sausage casserole is good 1x tin of beans 1x tin chopped tomatoes 1x pack sausages (ww ones again) chopped an onion and peppers and add chopped potato too if you wish chuck all together mix and cook in oven or slowcooker
egg and sw chips
crustless quiche (i make mine in a silicone cake tin or mini ones in silicone bun trays)
beans on wholemeal toast (simple cheap and tasty)
surprisingly fish fingers are low syn(1.5 to 2 syns each depending on brand) so you can always have fish fingers with the kiddies
gammon god we love gammon
roast dinner (as long as you dont eat the skin and cook roasties in frylite its syn free)
shepherds pie
chicken pie (mashed topped ) i use my leftover chicken from a roast to make this
tuna pasta bake
sausage pasta
cheesy pasta
creamy brocoli pasta(i use primula light 1/2 a tub is a hex a ) to make the sauce

i could go on forever

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

We usually eat the same thing, I was going to suggest shepherds pie that's such a comforting meal this time of year. I'm not a big meat eater & make it with quorn mince which the whole family will eat. There is just me & OH, DS & DD have left home but DS has been here over the festive period.

OH makes all the meals & if he wants say 'real' sausages he just makes exactly the same but I have LM sausages. What I recently bought & had never tried before was Iceland's gammon steaks, can't remember the cost but they are really nice.

I don't mind different things in the oven if we are both having the same veggies, but we don't have completely different meals.

Happy Holidays said:
We usually eat the same thing, I was going to suggest shepherds pie that's such a comforting meal this time of year. I'm not a big meat eater & make it with quorn mince which the whole family will eat. There is just me & OH, DS & DD have left home but DS has been here over the festive period.

OH makes all the meals & if he wants say 'real' sausages he just makes exactly the same but I have LM sausages. What I recently bought & had never tried before was Iceland's gammon steaks, can't remember the cost but they are really nice.

I don't mind different things in the oven if we are both having the same veggies, but we don't have completely different meals.

Thanks for replying :)

I cook sw meals for all the family most of the time, occasionally I will make the kids a different meal if we're having something spicy or I will slightly modify what I'm making for us to fit the kid's taste. As an example- I make campfire stew for all of us, but do the sausages plain for my youngest autistic son who hates anything in sauces. Or I do chicken salad with couscous and just let the kids have wraps with it. Once you know what you're doing its really easy to tweak meals to be sw-friendly.

Back