Core Stability

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Bella30, 19 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Bella30

Bella30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hi All

can anyone recommend good exercises for strengthening the core? I went on my mum's Wii at the weekend and got told I was obese and had no balance and need to work on my core muscles! I wasn't happy in the slightest and can't haven't stopped thinking about it since so was after some advice if anyone has any? I would continue to use the wii but i dont live with my mum and can't afford to buy one!

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    doing the plank helps :)

4. slimmingjess

slimmingjess Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, the plank is a brilliant one - google a video if you're not sure how to do it. Squat thrusts are great too.

Pilates is the best type of workout for core strength - if you don't want to pay to join a class, you could probably get a good DVD for £5 from Amazon - just make sure you read the reviews!

Don't take what the Wii said to heart either - it's only a games console, after all :) I went on one a couple of years ago when I was actually really fit, and it told me I had a fitness age of over 50! I was 20 at the time! So take what it said with a pinch of salt - but there's definitely no harm in working on your weaknesses!

5. lilacwine

lilacwine Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Totally agree with all the above - don't take too much notice but we can all do with tightening up on those core muscles. Plank is brilliant and I am in awe of Gina being able to do 2 mins as I can only manage about 30 seconds but I've been doing it 3 times a week for the last couple of weeks and I am noticing a difference already.

6. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    took 12 monthes to get it :/ i still shake really bad but improvement can be done.

my attack instructor got made to hold the plank for 4 minutes during her training o_O

7. Bella30

Bella30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.46%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Ah, thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate your comments. I think I'm going to start doing the plank on a more regular basis now and am going to give yoga a try on Monday night with a friend so will let you know how I get on! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.