Corner shop confessions

Candlewix

Down boy!
Hi all,
I went into a corner shop for the first time in ages to buy hubby a lottery ticket and the familiar smell of the shop brought back memories of way back in time B.C. ( Before Cambridge :p).
Corner shops were usually my first port of call when I broke a diet and fell off the wagon.
What are your corner shop downfalls?
Mine:
Slimming magazine
3 Crunchies :cry:

(And this was just the start...not anymore :))

corner shops ... years ago , I'd like my penny sweets , choc saws , and cho fish and chips .... black jacks ... rainbow drops , jellies , and i used to fill the big bag up and i was in Heaven ... don't see this now as they stopped it here ... most sweets were a penny and a half a pence , yes i was in heaven lol . so how did you get on on your revist lol

corner shops ... years ago , I'd like my penny sweets , choc saws , and cho fish and chips .... black jacks ... rainbow drops , jellies , and i used to fill the big bag up and i was in Heaven ... don't see this now as they stopped it here ... most sweets were a penny and a half a pence , yes i was in heaven lol . so how did you get on on your revist lol

I was as good as gold...just bought the lottery ticket...lol :innocent0002:

Well done you !!! my biggest problem with shop parades is the smell of freshly cooked fish and chips, salt and vinegar yummy have managed to still avoid all temptations and not cheat though

My problem was last nights tree lighting service all those smells from burger vans nearly killed me but I stayed strong

well done mama 22 I had the same problem at Winter Wonderland in hyde park on monday, Mulled wine, Roasted Chestnuts, Hog Roast, Hot Dogs, Burger Vans, Pizza express the list is endless but like you I stuck to it with no cheating :)

oooo I can sympathise with this!!

My killer is the smell of La Tasca I parked in the multi story carpark in Liverpool above it last Friday night and I practically had to run past due to the smell. I just love the whole dark night, twinkly lights and makes me think of being abroad.

As for the corner shop I used to be murder for going in every day and getting the newspaper, breaking into a £10 note and then the rest going on all kinds of rubbish. I decided to stop this by getting the paper delivered and never looked back I also saved a fortune x

Oooo my down fall is i would buy crisps a HUGE bag!! No sweets but I would get a pasty too! Ain't to much of a sweet tooth but love anything crisp like eek! No more :) x x x

Seeing as your admitting & 'fessing up Natasha, you forgot to mention all that Redbull lol!

Me, well my downfall is the those bottles of grape juice........couple of glass of red and the resolve goes out the window. Next come the nibbles such as crisps or nuts!! My o/h loves nuts or pork scratchings which are very hard to resist when peckish.

Wednesday night after weighin, I succumb to a whole bottle of white wine and my fav. chocs i.e. 4 x Ferrero Raffaello!

Manner from heaven and pure bliss
but only seconds in me gob
and forever on me hips lol! :cry:

Been extra, extra angelic since but.....now it's the weekend ......and that devil is sitting on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings in my ear lol!

Seeing as your admitting & 'fessing up Natasha, you forgot to mention all that Redbull lol!

Me, well my downfall is the those bottles of grape juice........couple of glass of red and the resolve goes out the window. Next come the nibbles such as crisps or nuts!! My o/h loves nuts or pork scratchings which are very hard to resist when peckish.

Wednesday night after weighin, I succumb to a whole bottle of white wine and my fav. chocs i.e. 4 x Ferrero Raffaello!

Manner from heaven and pure bliss
but only seconds in me gob
and forever on me hips lol! :cry:

Been extra, extra angelic since but.....now it's the weekend ......and that devil is sitting on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings in my ear lol!

:party0016: I know exactly what you mean Chamonix Bee. That 'ole grapejuice was one of my faves as well,and then the nibbles eeeek!
Get rid of that devil :devilangel:!!! You know you are going to feel 'happy' at the time, then afterwards its the guilt and remorse which just aint worth it.
Just think after the Xmas malarky is out the way its head on down to Summer and all those lovely clothes to wear insead of covering up..AGAIN!
Stay strong ;)

I can really sympathise with these stories! Crisps and dips were always my down fall, never been much into chocolate except after I met my partner.
Also walking past restaurants, take aways or when someone brings chips and hot food into work makes me really crave!

I have been good and not broken it once thou so I'm quite proud of that :)

My corner shop is fatal when I fill up the car with fuel. My job has me travelling around the South East, so stopping at garages/ service stations is a necessity!!
I found a passion for mini chedders and soon was munching a packet a day.......or the grab bag ( always bigger) size of ready salted crisps. Then I discovered that the share packs of galaxy/ milk buttons or maltesers were always on offer and would munch a bag of them a week. This would be before going home to eat a full dinner :rolleyes:

I just love food, oh and all washed down with copious amounts of grape juice. So if I have learned anything on this journey is planning is key to my success, when I return to food.... I must plan and premake lunches to avoid petrol station tummy refills due to not eating brekkie and suffering sugar crashes. Also I shall only drink alcohol at the weekend if I am out.

Interestingly I watched an episode of fat families recently and the presenter demonstrated that if you ate a packet of regular size crisps a day it equated to 5 litres of cooking oil in your body a year!!!!!

Dolls x

Back