correct bra fitting is so important for us bigger girls

frenchfancy

I have been wearing the wrong size bra for years. I never seemed to have a nice shape and my boobs drooped down making me look even thicker round the middle. I went to 3 famous high street shops to be fitted for bras and was measured and the variations were unbelievable. 42C, 40D and 38DD/E but still i didnt feel that the bras fitted.

I had heard of bra fitting places that do not measure, just fit by eye so looked online for my closest but it was miles away. Meanwhile I found an ad for a tiny lingerie shop close by that had been trained to fit by eye and along I went in my poorly fitting bra. The staff were fantastic and didnt make me feel at all uncomfortable, they chuckled when i told them the sizes I had been measured as and produced a number of bras that fitted me like a glove and made me look like I had had breast uplift surgery and I found that I did actually still posses a waist. I bought 3 bras and left the shop wearing one of my new ones (reminded me of being a child and leaving shoe shop wearing my new shoes lol). The size I am fitted for, and feel and look good in is .....34HH
I nearly fell over when the fitter told me the size and the vast difference to the other shops was also unbelievable.

So my advice girls is to visit a good bra shop that fits by eye and buy a couple of bras that make you look and feel good. I know as I lose weight I will be back to visit this lady as I feel and look so much better in a bra that fits.

It really does make all the difference.
The worst place I ever got measured was Marks and Spencer, the size they told me was way too big on the back and too small on the cup!

I went to Debenhams to be measured and was told i needed a 42d in the strapless bra I required, and they didnt do a strapless bra in 42d. Knowing full well that i had already got rid of 4 42d bras as they were far too big and another 40d for the same reason, I asked to try a 40c and a 38d. The 38d fitted like a glove!! I shall never go to Debs to be fitted again.

Back