Cortisone and weightloss

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Janey B, 12 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Janey B

Janey B Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Anybody out there know if having a cortisone injection 4wks before starting LL couldaffect my weightloss? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. somewhere_inside_is_me

somewhere_inside_is_me Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Sorry Janey, I don't know the official answer, but yes there is certainly a link between weight gain and steroids and slow weight loss and steroids.
    I always wondered why I didn't do better on diets when I'd exercised more, and eventually realised it was because I had to overdose on my "brown" inhaler to be able to do the exercise in the first place!
    Nevertheless, while you might not get huge losses on LL you will lose weight and re-educate yourself so you never regain it again.
    HTH
    S.x

4. Janey B

Janey B Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks siim, i posted on the Jan starters the reason why i wonder if there's a connection.

I will ask my LLC tonight when i go for my weighin, as i said on other post i should not have weighed myself at home, i know everybody says not to but i didn't have the oppertunity for a pop in and was so encouraged by all the great pop in weightlosses that i weighed myself on day 6 and am only 4lbs off to say this has put me on a right downer is an understatement!!!!!

I know i have been 100% on packs so i suppose i'm thinking there has to be a reason for this, on the other hand it may be that i am just not going to get a great weightloss like others do.
    Well done on your loss of 8.5lbs thats terrific.
    Janey.x

5. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Not everyone has a bigger loss the first week Janey, I lost 6lbs in my first week whereas the other guys in my class were losing 8, 10 and one lost 12lbs.

You just have to remember that 4lbs is a great amount to lose over 6 days! You've lost in 6 days what it could take you a month to lose on SW or WW, and it's almost 1/3 of as stone in less than a week! :)

4lbs is around the average weekly loss for a woman on LL too, so I wouldn't get dissapointed; your (100% abstinant) loss this week has been higher than each of my 100% abstinance losses in the last 3 weeks! :eek:

6. Janey B

Janey B Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Pete, you have a great way of making us feel so much better.
    Thank you, I feel so much more positive now.
    Janey.x

pete10141748 likes this.
  7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi Janey

Don;t be discouraged - 4 lbs is still a fab loss! Go hold a couple backs fo sugar!! You will see then how much it is. :)

Let us know about the cortisone - I was just told I may need to start having injections in my hip and neck. Though I will fight that eventuality tooth and nail - but would be good to know.

Keep at it Mrs - all those lost pounds add up quickly, and before you know it, a new you emerges!

Rock it! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.