Cost

That's a good question, I was wondering that. Also do you think you always have to take one of their products, so they can continue to make money out of you, or do we really need them to help us lose the weight?

I know after you reach goal weight you can see them once a month to make sure your maintaining I don't know if there is a cost for that either

As you only pay for your products, the costs reduce when the number of products you have reduce so I think it is step three when it starts to get cheaper. Not sure about any cost for maintenance weigh ins as not there yet unfortunately!

My consultant said she doesn't charge for maintenance check ups (although I am not there yet....not even close). When I had the inital meeting with my consultant she said she likes to make sure people go back for their checkins so they have someone to answer to and to keep them on track. If a consultant is charging for this service I would seriously find a new consultant :)

Aw really :) it's funny at first the cost did bother me but when you see it working is happily pay double ha xx

I'm not seeing much of a result at the moment, so wondering if it's worth the money. I know it is, but just finding it hard.

Aw really :) it's funny at first the cost did bother me but when you see it working is happily pay double ha xx

I worked it out that my wife and I were having a take away/eating out a good 3-4 times a week @ £20-30. Then you add on both our lunches (just a lunch from the canteen and a drink is £5) so this works out to be what we were spending already :p

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well, I started on 25th September and lost:

week 1 = 6lbs week - my CDC was surprised I didn't loss more
week 2 = 2lbs week - my CDC didn't quite know what to say, and blamed it on the green beans I eat on the Saturday

WI tomorrow, so will let you know.

I've been really good, so gutted I only lost 2 last week and the only think I eat that wasn't on the list was 5 x green beans!!

So thinking I could save loads of money and stick from skeptical work colleagues if I went on WW. I won't for now, but it's hard when everyone around you is eating nice food.

Well, I started on 25th September and lost:

week 1 = 6lbs week - my CDC was surprised I didn't loss more
week 2 = 2lbs week - my CDC didn't quite know what to say, and blamed it on the green beans I eat on the Saturday

WI tomorrow, so will let you know.

I've been really good, so gutted I only lost 2 last week and the only think I eat that wasn't on the list was 5 x green beans!!

So thinking I could save loads of money and stick from skeptical work colleagues if I went on WW. I won't for now, but it's hard when everyone around you is eating nice food.

It is a very difficult diet to be on but it really does work! There have been weeks where I have stuck to the diet 100% and only lost 1-2lb and it made me really fed up thinking I could have lost this much on a diet not so restrictive.

It all depends on you and finding a diet that works for you. Cambridge works so well for me because I know if I was allowed a small amount of certain foods I have very little self control so I would feel like maybe a small packet of crisps was ok....or maybe just a bit of cheese on top of my pasta etc. For me it is all or nothing.

I used to try numerous diets and never stick to them. The most I kept at something was two weeks. This is the first time in my life that I am making real progress and starting to look at my habits differently etc. I haven't been this weight in 3+ years.

Dieting is a very personal thing and finding that fit can be hard but is worth it when you have it. I read another interesting thread about this diet:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...mation/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

Which one are you???

Good post. I certainly don't see it as a prison sentence as I can stop when I want. I would just like to see a few quick results like most people. But I will continue, especially with the help of the great support this site brings xx

make sure you drink enough water x

I drink about 3 litres a day, I get so thirsty on this diet, I never have to force myself to drink my quota. So that's great. X

I've been on weight watchers twice before. I lost 18 pounds the first time, gained it back, then lost only 6 pounds the second time in 3 months! In 3 months of Cambridge I lost over 40 pounds. Weight Watchers makes it too easy to spend your points on food that will make you binge for me to be successful at it.

I suspect if you stick with Cambridge, your coworkers will start to drop off and stop losing, and you'll be glad you didn't switch. And your coworkers' skepticism will melt away along with the pounds you are losing.

Read the Sticky post about not measuring success by the scale. It will help to put things in the right perspective.

Back