Costa Coffee - Skinny Latte Syns

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hi all,

I know this questions been asked a number of times and I have trawled through most of the threads! :) but was wondering if someone could give me a definate answer as to how many syns are in a Skinny Latte from Costa.
I know the small cup holds around 350ml and that would be about 6.5 syns, but I also know that the milk is stretched during the heating process which increases the volume of milk so I dont think they use 350ml of milk (?!) this is just info ive managed to get from other threads!

Please please please could someone tell me the correct syn value - I think i may have been unintentionally overindulging!!!!! :cry:

Thank you ladies and gents xxxxxxx

If you look on previous threads, theres a girly who works in costa who says that this is what they do, she says it increases the volume in the jug because of what they call 'stretching'
This is just what ive read on here - but thanks for your comment!

This was on a barista website so maybe it is right>

As the liquid turns to foam, the volume of the milk increases. This is called stretching. Keep foaming until the milk has gone up about 50% in volume. If you foam more than that, you will get a light microfoam for the classic cap-on-top cappuccino, but latte art will be impossible. Typically, the side of the pitcher will be lukewarm (40°C, 100°F) at this point. However, volume increase is a far more reliable indicator, and with some frothing setups, one even keeps the tip at the foaming point until the milk is fully heated.

It is simple really. Just look at the nutritional info on their website and use a straight 1 syn for every 20 calories as there is no free food allowance on milk. Honest it works :)

Cheers me dears - thanks for your help. :)

Back