Costa Coffee

mrsrobinson

I love my coffee and have one from Costa most days over the holidays as a treat. Soya lattes are my favourite and over the last couple of weeks I've been counting them as my HeA and estimating the quantity of milk used. I reckoned a small one would be 250ml, so would have a small soya or a medium skinny latte.

Finally, today, I took home their small takeaway cup to actually measure how much it holds. Shock!!! The small one holds exactly 350ml, so I have been having over my HeA almost every day. But at least I now know its a small skinny or count the syns...

It just reiterates the point a lot of you have made on here recently. its worth checking, and double checking, everything!

Thing is with coffee bars and steamed milk - the milk is actually stretched to create the foam.

We used to only ever fill the jugs half full and use the steamer arm to carefully pull the milk up the jug, half a jug of milk - one steamer arm later - one full jug of hot milk with foam.

To be honest with you I think you're alright - especially if you're going for a skinny medium latte. Costa don't tend to seperate the milk from the foam. (I worked for two different coffee companies as a barista and lead barista). Costa call it 'the art of coffee' when you're swilling the jug and 'throwing' the coffee into the mug, so to speak :p

does anyone know how many syns are in a small skinny hot choc at costa please - or would the HEa cover it all ?

I work for Costa, you would be better off having a cappuccino than a latte as you actually triple the amount of the milk with a cappuccino, also in the syns directory they are lower in syns. With a latte you do seperate the milk and foam, the foam is only 3mm on the top. The hot chocolate is a powder into milk so I guess you would be able to deduct the milk as a HEXA.

A medium skinny latte is 3.5 syns. A small is 2.5 and a large is 5.

I love Costa. :D

Just had a skinny hot chocolate in Costa and came on here to find out the damage. Very very pleased to discover it has 98 calories, so 5 syns....not bad at all! Can it be minus 1 if I use it as my HEx A???/!!!!

Skinny Hot Chocolate, unless this is new i didn't think they did a skinny hot chocolate (not been in since january) but yes, you can use a HEa for the milk

Skinny Hot Choc isn't on the slimming world website either, only latte and cappuchino ....small hot chocolate with skimmed milk is 9 syns. medium 13.5 and large 15, thats all i can find.

Skinny Hot Chocolate, unless this is new i didn't think they did a skinny hot chocolate (not been in since january) but yes, you can use a HEa for the milk

Skinny Hot Choc isn't on the slimming world website either, only latte and cappuchino ....small hot chocolate with skimmed milk is 9 syns. medium 13.5 and large 15, thats all i can find.
I just looked up the calories on website.

Back