Costa Coffee

I go costa coffee every weekend with my OH, its a treat after working all week, i opt for the skinny latte with sweetners or just a tea, but what can i have for lunch, could i count the bread in the pre made sandwiches as 2 B choices? any suggestions?

I will watch and hope that someone replys. I have struggled in costa. Not even a pasta salad, mostly paninis etc. Good luck :D

I have my fingers crossed that someone does, its alomst the weekend and the thought of going cold turkey in Costa tomorrow could prove to be a bit much....:cry:but its true though, even the salads are mega high....might have to give it a miss, could always leave the OH in tCosta and i have a walk round the shops??

It's a hard one, I love costa and starbucks paninnis etc and so have stayed away in the main since starting SW!

I tried the costa light the other day, and counted is as a HE - nice as like a latte with extra froth and flet like i was having a proper coffee. If synning it I think the small one is around the 3 syn mark.

In terms of food, what you could do is have a few less syns each day for the week and 'bank' them, and treat yourself to something you fancy? Or just flexi syn in and get back on plan the next day as you look like you have lost a lot of weight already, I don't think the odd treat will really slow your weight loss down.

Or, have you considered moving to somewhere else for your saturday treat? It needn't be that expensive - you could go to a pub for example where they will normally have jackets a plenty or you could have steak and pot, salad etc

So its not just me that struggles when it comes to resisting in coffee bars....phew!! i was thinking of making it my weekly treat but my weigh in is on a Monday and i dont really want to jeopardise it, i think you are right i might have to change my saturday treat to a pub like weatherspoons who also does costa coffee and i can still have my latte? thanks x

ClaudiaPerone said:
I go costa coffee every weekend with my OH, its a treat after working all week, i opt for the skinny latte with sweetners or just a tea, but what can i have for lunch, could i count the bread in the pre made sandwiches as 2 B choices? any suggestions?

Ready made sandwiches unfortunately don't qualify for any hex or free food allowance. It would be a straight 1syn for 20 cals

That said, it's fairly common practice - ONLY if it's wholemeal bread - to deduct 6 syns from the total and use it as a hex. It's your call really.

I thought about doing that, well i have failed miserably lately, gone off track and not planned at all, so i am back on the wagon, i need to plan my meals and think about eventualities like going to coffee bars!! Thanks x

Back