1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Cottage cheese on...low-syn-something??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Prudence1989, 7 June 2014 Social URL.

1. Prudence1989

Prudence1989 Active Member

Any idea on low-syn-crackers or low-syn-something i can have cottage cheese with?? For example, cream crackers?? ryvita?? (don`t really like ryvita)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Sainsburys cream crackers are 2.5syns each which is a lot if you're having about 4 (which I would), would you put cottage cheese on toast (hexb), can't think of anything else as I like to use my syns on wine & chocs & try not to use them on food:rolleyes:

4. Prudence1989

Hmm..So if i have toast (wholemeal bread) as a HEx b, i will not count it as syns? (kinda new on SW :p sorry)

5. I always think that cottage cheese needs something crisp to go with it, so I separate a head of chicory into individual leaves, and put it on top of each leaf. Or romaine lettuce, or little gem lettuce. But chicory is crunchier.

6. Happy Holidays

Yes that's correct, 60grms of wholemeal bread is a hexb or you could syn it if you wanted to use your hexb on something else;)

7. Destamia

Destamia Well-Known Member

Try cottage cheese with thai red curry paste ( 1 level tbsp 1 syn . Asda) and have celery with that , so so good - or any other spice. I love cottage cheese and celery :)

8. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Melba toast is half a syn :)

9. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

In the Grab and Go HE B section there's the option of having one Weetabix (maybe add a banana?) and 3 Ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads (not as 'cardboardy' as normal Ryvita) which you can have with your cottage cheese. x

10. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

I use cottage cheese on my 2 slices of brown nimble (Hex b).

11. Happy Holidays

That must be an old book as the Ryvita wholegrain are no longer hexb:( shame as I loved these with tuna.

12. MrsTinaV

MrsTinaV Loving Married Life

What about ryvita crackerbread, which are 1 syn each and are in a yellow box? Sold alongside 'normal' ryvitas. I had two today with some low low cheese spread. Gave me the low syn cheese crunch I wanted.

13. Hippopotamum

I only joined about 14 weeks ago, in February, I hope it is up to date! x

14. Happy Holidays

Poo I'm off to check,

15. Happy Holidays

16. Destamia

I use ryvita as heb. Joined february and am/ was so sure you can have 3 as heb. My book says so

1 weetabix and 3 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread.

Page 28, do i missunderstand ?

17. Destamia

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402160773.813508.jpg

18. Hippopotamum

Oh, I wonder if they've gone the same way as the Alpen light bars then and recently changed their recipe? x

19. Happy Holidays

Doh, sorry I've been silly, the page from the book really helped me, it's the wholegrain which is no longer a hexb not multigrain just mixing my wholes with multis :rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

20. RhiBro

RhiBro Loves to munch!! :)

Some people use ham, roll up some cottage cheese in it a Nd much...then it's unlimited! Add some veggies (tomatoes, cucumber slices, grated carrot, gherkins) and you've got you some super free :) I also use cottage cheese as a salad dressing type thing. Or cooked chicken breast and slice it up that would act like a cracker. :)

21. Prudence1989

Thank you all for your replies and your great ideas!!! You`ve been really helpful!! :) Now i can have my cottage cheese in so many different ways :p