cottage cheese question

minnie

Hi,
I've mistakenly picked up 2 cartons of ordinary cottage cheese instead of low fat and don't know if I should just bin it rather than risk eating it.

I get really confused about cottage cheeses/natural/muller lite yogurts as when they are low fat they seem to have quite a lot more carbs.

I know this must have been raised before but I can't find the answer. I have also checked out the book.

Can any of you enlighten me pleased.

Thank you.

i used cottage cheese with spring onion and garlic in it,i dont like the plain one lol,and i lost 3 pounds on my first week,if you have the calculator you can work out how many points there is in a tablespoon,grams etc.

Hi,
I get really confused about cottage cheeses/natural/muller lite yogurts as when they are low fat they seem to have quite a lot more carbs.

Some manufacturers add starch and sugars to "Low fat" dairy products, to make them seem as creamy and sweet in the mouth as full fat versions, and the carb level soars.

(By the way - there will always be some carbs in dairy products, from the Lactose, natural milk sugar)

As a rule of thumb, go for the lowest fat AND lowest carb you can find, and reject anything with fruit or fruit flavour in it.

That said - I have picked up the normal cottage cheese instead of low-fat by accident once or twice, and haven't had huge problems, as long as I only ate a little at a time.

Cottage cheese isn't ok over here because the lowest fat versions aren't available.

I'd say to bin it if you're on attack. If you're on Cruise, use sparingly. I'm for instance finishing a tub of cottage cheese today that I started Monday, whereas I know some [who'll remain nameless!] can polish off one for lunch.

Back