cottage cheese

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by duncan, 5 February 2010 Social URL.

1. duncan

duncan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i bought some cottage cheese today, it was the (blue and white pot) from sainsbury, does anyone know that 1?????, it has less than 5% fat, is this the right one to have?????,it does say in the book reduced fat.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    sorry hun cant help hate the stuff but lm sure someone will be along soon

4. Stinkybreath

Stinkybreath Size 14 here i come!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Yes as long as it's a reduced fat one it should be fine. I bought some from tesco yesterday and mine said light choices reduced fat. I was going to grill it in mushrooms but didn't feel well so never got to try it. I'm not a huge fan but i'll give it a go,lol

5. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    Hi Duncan - I'm not familiar with Sainsbury's products, but if you have a look at page 33 of your Yellow Book, you'll see that plain cottage cheese is (on average) 4.3% fat, while reduced fat plain cottage cheese is 1.5%, and therefore has one-fifth fewer Calories.

The one you've bought won't do much harm just this once, but try to find a lower fat one next time. As the book says on page 8, plain is 5% fat, reduced is less than 2% fat.

No matter what the fancy label says, we should all make sure we read the nutrition panel on the pack, under the column marked "per 100g". My Co-op "reduced fat natural cottage cheese" says 1.5 g, meaning it's 1.5% fat.

Personally, I hate the wet-lumps-in-water aspect of cottage cheese, so I pierce the bottom of the tub to let the water escape down the plug hole for an hour or two - much better!

6. duncan

duncan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    thank you

7. Lesly Cambridge

Diet:
    Guess?!
    You're welcome, duncan. Actually, on reflection, both 5% and less than 2% are both "allowed" - but you get to eat more of the lower fat version!

8. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Thank you lesly off to co-op tomorrow then.x

9. Lesly Cambridge

Diet:
    Guess?!
    Thank you, Shanny. You should be able to get the lower stuff anywhere, not just the Co-op. It's more a question of finding the time to read the nutrition labels before we chuck it in the trolley and run.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.