• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

cottage cheese

duncan

Silver Member
sorry hun cant help hate the stuff but lm sure someone will be along soon

Stinkybreath

Size 14 here i come!
Yes as long as it's a reduced fat one it should be fine. I bought some from tesco yesterday and mine said light choices reduced fat. I was going to grill it in mushrooms but didn't feel well so never got to try it. I'm not a huge fan but i'll give it a go,lol

Lesly Cambridge

Cambridge Consultant
Hi Duncan - I'm not familiar with Sainsbury's products, but if you have a look at page 33 of your Yellow Book, you'll see that plain cottage cheese is (on average) 4.3% fat, while reduced fat plain cottage cheese is 1.5%, and therefore has one-fifth fewer Calories.

The one you've bought won't do much harm just this once, but try to find a lower fat one next time. As the book says on page 8, plain is 5% fat, reduced is less than 2% fat.

No matter what the fancy label says, we should all make sure we read the nutrition panel on the pack, under the column marked "per 100g". My Co-op "reduced fat natural cottage cheese" says 1.5 g, meaning it's 1.5% fat.

Personally, I hate the wet-lumps-in-water aspect of cottage cheese, so I pierce the bottom of the tub to let the water escape down the plug hole for an hour or two - much better!

duncan

Silver Member
Hi Duncan - I'm not familiar with Sainsbury's products, but if you have a look at page 33 of your Yellow Book, you'll see that plain cottage cheese is (on average) 4.3% fat, while reduced fat plain cottage cheese is 1.5%, and therefore has one-fifth fewer Calories.

The one you've bought won't do much harm just this once, but try to find a lower fat one next time. As the book says on page 8, plain is 5% fat, reduced is less than 2% fat.

No matter what the fancy label says, we should all make sure we read the nutrition panel on the pack, under the column marked "per 100g". My Co-op "reduced fat natural cottage cheese" says 1.5 g, meaning it's 1.5% fat.

Personally, I hate the wet-lumps-in-water aspect of cottage cheese, so I pierce the bottom of the tub to let the water escape down the plug hole for an hour or two - much better!
thank you