Could Exante drink powder kicked me out of ketosis???

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Could 1.5L of water mixed with 4 teaspoons of the peach drink powder (out of a total 4L water I had yesterday) kick me out of ketosis? I was suddenly really hungry this afternoon - am 5 weeks in - so it occurred to me, 'am I out of ketosis?' I just did a ketostix test and it isn't registering any ketosis at all. The only thing I can think of is the big bottle of peach drink I had? I did eat a baked chicken breast with half a sachet of Thai chicken soup, but that shouldn't have done it. Hope this doesn't affect my weigh-in tomorrow! :wave_cry:

just emailed Exante customer services, asked if you have to limit the drink powders whilst on TS, this is the reply:

'I have looked into your query for you and I have been advised that because this is an Exante product you are free to have as much as you want of the product as we do advise that you drink 3-4 liters a day'

Not convinced tho!

It won't kick you out of ketosis and even if it did it won't affect your wi

You're not going to gain weight just cos you're out of ketosis for a day

They say on their intro pack you shouldn't use it as your whole day's allowance so strange they would email you otherwise but it is good to know there isn't a limit on it! Wouldn't worry about the Ketostick, you were probably just super hydrated! Good luck for tomorrow :)

Thanks Smidge. Am really struggling tonight, I'm so hungry :-( Had my 'dinner' already. This is my first really difficult day in five weeks and I've just succumbed to two Pringles :-(

Gonna have a cup of black tea with a spoonful of the peach flavour for something flavoursome. Got to try and stay on track..

Only 2? I'd call that a success lol if I started I wouldn't stop at 2! You've got the right spirit though just get back on that wagon and keep going! Maybe go out for a little walk or something, might take your mind off it and kick start your metabolism :)

Haha, enjoy hun! My OH just brought in a takeaway :eek: so I may have to join the bath club or at least hide upstairs until the food and smell have subsided!

Haha, enjoy hun! My OH just brought in a takeaway :eek: so I may have to join the bath club or at least hide upstairs until the food and smell have subsided!

OMG! That's tantamount to cruelty! Although right now I can hear my husband scoffing the rest of the Pringles in the kitchen, they make a definitive slidey sound in the can!!! Bloody men!

Well done for only having 2 Pringles I defo can't stop eating them when I start!!

That's really weird that exante said you can have as much as you want, cus there is a carb content in the drink flavouring!!! So too much could defo knock you out of ketosis, like don't forget everyone's ketosis sensitivity to carbs is different!! So just be careful with it and have it as a treat maybe??

I forgot to say, this morning I was in deep ketosis! So as Smidge said, maybe I was just super hydrated yesterday afternoon. Have only had two glasses of the exante drink powder today, just to be on the safe side.

I didn't take their word for it either Chelly, if you have several litres of water with their flavoured powder, the carbs do start to add up. And that can't be good!

You don't get different levels of ketosis. Any level of pink if you use those stupid sticks is good. Lighter is better darker generally means you're dehydrated. Purple isn't the colour to aim for it's certainly not an indication you're in 'deep' ketosis :)

Ah, I did not know that! Was only really dark this morning cos it was the first wee of the day (tmi!) So yesterday afternoon I was very well hydrated, which is good. I do try for 4L daily.

Sounds like you're feeling better, has the hunger subsided again now?

Not been half as hungry today. I've had a really busy day at work so that helped, but about 5pm, I was really struggling and succumbed to a couple of slices of ham and a bowl of mushrooms. Not sure if its actual hunger or craving, weird how it hasn't affected me before now tho.

I hate mushrooms so I don't know but do they have many carbs?? They look carby to me?? Lol

Lol I love mushrooms too, I'm not sure about their carb content... Surely it's not too bad but I'd say there has to be some!

I've no idea... They repulse me lol! My mother and fiance love them aswell =(

I believe that mushrooms are fairly low carb. 3g or 4g carbohydrate per 100g, depending on variety - roughly the same as spinach. Or so I'm told.

Yes, closed cup (aka regular white supermarket ones) are 5g carbs per 100g. Looooooove mushrooms! Lol

Back