Could some one please explain?

been on the diet 5 days now and just trying to get my head around a few things, i understand the diet, drink the shakes and drink water and will lose weight, i also understand about coke, pizza, and not eating them because of the calories,

what i dont understand is why i cant drink the likes of coke zero, diet cokes, stuff with out citric fruit in, or eat a cucumber when stomach is empty, as these are all very low cal?

cheers​

Lipotrim puts you into ketosis. Which is a state your body goes into when you don't take in carbohydrates. Ketosis uses the fat in your body for energy instead of the carbohydrates you usually eat.

There are carbohydrates in diet drinks, and other substances that will take you out of ketosis, that's why you can't drink them. It's not about the calories!

Another good thing about lipotrim is that you re-train your palate, so when you start eating food again you can crave healthier things. So eating snacks would ruin this.

I'm not an expert, but that's what I gather anyway! Hope that helps. :D

cheers, i just couldnt find the info i wanted, and the chemist where i am getting the stuff from isnt that good, as there seem to be short staffed and everything is rushed

Did they give you the DVD to watch? Maybe you could find it online, it'd be better than me at explaining. Haha.

It's not strictly true that diet drinks have carbs in them, what is the case is that the artificial sweeteners (refer to Atkins for more info) in them can effect the blood sugar levels of SOME people and so cause an insulin reaction and could possibly knock you out of ketosis (your fat burning state) It could also make you very hungry. Other similar plans Exante for instance allow coke/Dr Pepper Zero on their plan. I'm certainly not advocating that you include diet drinks in your LT plan as it's not strictly part of their ethos, in a few weeks a can of anything like that will taste like liquid sugar to you and you won't miss it as much as you might think. Some people are more carb tolerant than others..my hubs for instance, rather annoyingly can eat a chocolate biscuit and stay in ketosis, if I touch a bag of past in the cupboard it knocks me out...pah!

wow fab to read guys thanks, i am on day 5 and today a chewed a fruit pastil and spat the sweet out, was sik of my mouth tasing so bland, so i ave probably knocked myself out now and have to start all over again!

Yellow - it's so hard not to!
I have to cook for my son and I'm so used to testing the food to see if it tastes ok...

Last few weeks I've managed to cook for more people and not taste...

My bf has moaned the food isn't anywhere near as good as usual though.
I told him he can cook for himself in future - ungrateful oik. I even made him spicy stuff (that I love).

When my mum came to visit I stuck to something I knew I couldn't mess up - pasta and cheese sauce with some steamed veg. lol.

Trying a tiny bit won't hurt but I want to get used to NOT just putting something in my mouth without thinking.

And that's what I was doing tasting it to see if it had enough salt etc was half way swallowed by the time I realised what I did!

Back