Could you check my menu please, i'm struggling to lose but think i'm doing fine...

elfy13

breakfast - egg smoked salmon
lunch - coleslaw, quorn chicken, mushrooms
tea - brocolli, celery, melted cheese, tuna.
snacks - atkins day break bar, low carb hot chocX2, tea with soya milk, 2 litres water.

i have had this for 4 days. i lost 2 lbs mon-wed then this morning i had gained 1.25lbs

any help. i am a veggie but i eat fish/eggs.

hi hon. are you making your own coleslaw? first things first i would cut out the low carb hot choc and the day break bar.

No its shop bought full fat (lowest carbs in shop) my friend is an atkins fanatic and she took me shopping to buy stuff.
Why not the bars if they allowed in Induction?
I have the sweetest tooth in the world and im always hungry (i go to circuit trainings 5 nights a week and i run too)

Are there any tips on how to combat this...

any input greatly appreciated :)

how mnay carbs in it hon? also try some cabbage/greens /spinach in there. circuit training 5 times per week!!! omg !!!!! you could be turning fat into muscle do you have those scales that tell you body fat/muscle mass? measure instead of weigh?
and with all that exercise you might need to up your water too x

breakfast - egg smoked salmon
lunch - coleslaw, quorn chicken, mushrooms
tea - brocolli, celery, melted cheese, tuna.
snacks - atkins day break bar, low carb hot chocX2, tea with soya milk, 2 litres water.

i have had this for 4 days. i lost 2 lbs mon-wed then this morning i had gained 1.25lbs

any help. i am a veggie but i eat fish/eggs.

Hi Elfy - welcome!!

The quorn jumped out at me as being a possible stall. I checked and it's not as high in carbs as I'd thought, but real chicken is a heck of a lot less than quorn!

Unless the rules have changed since I started doing this in 2002, I was not aware that bars were allowed during induction. Any sort of "frankenfood" is questionable... sometimes it's okay, but more often than not, it causes problems for people. Especially if used every day. Regular, healthy food is best if possible. I mean, I use Splenda and it doesn't seem to stall me (even during induction) but I know that's not the case for everyone.

I make a sweet cheese omelette when I get a sugar craving (eggs, cheese, full fat cream cheese, splenda), but I haven't had chocolate in months and haven't really wanted any.

You are working out a huge amount - that's great! But just make sure you are eating enough to make up for all that exercise, and more water as you'll sweat it all away :)

Best of luck to you - hang in there!

Check your brand of smoked salmon as well... some of the recipes use sugar, and it ups the carb count a LOT!

Hi elfy, and welcome.

I was about to question the salmon as well Seraphine,

The other thing elfy, your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis, usually depending on how hydrated you are.

Welcome Elfy

Agree with the others, I've not been doing Atkins very long and notice I lose more when I drink more water, at least 2 litres - and think of the extra exercise trotting back and forth to the loo :)

Susie

Hi Elfy, I think Atkins can be a slow starter, especially till you get into ketosis, and listen to Uncle Jim - don't panic about daily weighings - do them weekly and write them down here and you'll soon see good losses.

I call what I'm doing induction, but it's not proper Atkins induction by the book - it's much like your diet, strict carb counting, not above 20g per day and making sure I get at least three helpings of veg in there. It's working for me. Good luck, bet you'll be happy in a few weeks you stuck to it.

Thanks everyone :)
I know im terrible i weigh myself every morning and night and freak out if i dont/my mum takes my scales so i cant :)
Me and my atkins friend are having a sunday menu planning session, its good doing it together as we (somehow) are always the same weight (she gained 1lb yest too)
Thanks so much for all your input. I love this site so much, gets me through the day :)

Back