council tax benefit - Do you know ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paul1978, 20 February 2011 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

If you are out of work and you claim council tax benefit, when you get a job do you have to pay it all back ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    SW
    From what I understand no you just need to update your situation with housing and any other benefits agency (if you are entitled to ctax benefit you may be able to get others) and they will then recalculate what is left as spread it over the remaining months until next tax year, I'm pretty sure that is what my friend had happen but just ask them I'm sure they get asked this all the time x

4. Caroline82

Caroline82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    As soon as your circumstances change let them know straight away, you wont have to pay anything back so long as they haven'tt overpaid you. Unfortunately I ended up being overpaid in HB over year ago by about £330, no idea how or why but I am having to pay it back £9.90 per week now. My advice would be to keep checking every so often to make sure you are receiving the correct amount xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.