Countdown to Holiday diet

xxmooxx

I've been doing Slimming World for 12wks now but the last 4wks or so I've really just lost my motivation. I think it's just the frustration of living with people who can eat what they want and not gain an ounce. However, I've pulled myself together this week and I've set myself a target of losing 7lbs by the end of August in time for my holiday, so it's time to go back to basics!

Breakfast: Grilled lean bacon, five cherry tomatoes (coated with Fry Light, grilled and sliced)and a wholemeal roll (HE).

Lunch: Lettuce, Grated Carrott, Peppers, Red Onion, Cooked egg noodles, Prawns and Chilli Dressing (2 syns).

Snack: Sushi from M&S (1/2 syn).

Dinner: M&S Lightly Dusted Chicken Breast (5 syns), jacket potato, sliced green beans, carrots, cauliflower, grated cheese (HE).

Dessert: Strawberries and raspberries with Total 0%. 14 Dark Mikados (7 syns).

Tomorrow I'm going to try and eat more SF foods because I don't think this is enough really.

Breakfast: 3 rashers lean grilled bacon, a handful of cherry tomatoes, half a fresh pineapple.

Snack: 12 Mikado (6 syns)

Lunch: Salmon pate (tinned salmon, cottage cheese, total 0%, herbs and spices), 4 Ryvita (HE), mixed salad, raw carrot, cucumber.

Snack: Half a fresh pineapple

Dinner: M&S The Cook Range Rump Steak with Peppercorn Sauce (4 Syns), SW Chips, Green Beans, Carrots

Dessert: SW Banana Creme Brulee (banana, total 0%, Splenda) topped with brown sugar Splenda (1 Syn)

Snack: 250ml s/s milk (HE), bag of flying saucers (3.5 Syns)

Syns running total: 14.5 + 14.5 = 29 out of 105, 76 remaining.

I'm quite happy with today. I feel like I've ate loads though, even though I know I've stayed within the limits. On the plus side, this 'fear' that I'm doing it wrong has made me exercise like mad! Did 3 miles on the cross trainer and 15 mins of weight work this afternoon, and just did 15 minutes of aerobics. Let's hope it pays off!

So much for my 100% weekend...the last couple of days I've just gone off track dramatically but I think I've learnt what I need to improve on. I'm not very good and coping with unplanned scenarios. I went out shopping on Sunday and the people I was with suggested getting lunch and I was thrown completely.

Sunday
Breakfast: Lean grilled bacon, tomatoes, slice of brown bread (HE)

Lunch: Steak sandwich: I asked for the steak grilled but there was dressing and it was on a cibatta roll, plus the mozzarella and tomato salad with pesto on the side. I estimated it was easily 15 syns if I take the cheese as a HE.

Dinner: Gammon steak, fresh pineapple, fried egg and SW chips.

Monday
Breakfast: Bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, slice of bread (HE)

Lunch: Half a cooked chicken, strawberries.

Dinner: Roast beef, boiled potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower cheese (3 syns), gravy (3 syns), homemade yorkshire pudding (3 syns), horseradish sauce (2 syns).

Later though, I went out and ended up getting KFC with a friend and that totalled about 30 syns. I don't even know why I ate it! I'm just so disappointed that I've tried hard so week for nothing.

Running total: 85 syns out of 105, 20 syns left with three days remaining :(

I'm back on track, well sort of. Dreading getting on the scales tomorrow but it's got to be done.

Breakfast: Two Pears, a handful of cherries

Lunch: Bacon, cooked tomatoes, slice of brown toast (HE)

Snack: Cooked chicken, cherries

Dinner: Two jacket potatoes with beans and cheese (HE)

Snack: Seafood sticks, Seafood sauce (4.5), mini Crunchie (4).

Running total: 93.5 out of 105, 11.5 syns remaining

Stupidly I let my gain this week get me into a really bad slump and have basically been on self-destruct post weigh-in. I'm writing down everything and work out the syns anyway, just for therapeutic reasons, but I'm drawing a line under it. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week.

Breakfast: Slice of wholemeal toast (HE), two poached eggs

Lunch: Pancakes with spinach and ricotta, covered in tomato sauce and cheese (est. 21 syns - one HE cheese = 15 syns), half serving of tiramisu (est. 10 syns)

Dinner: KFC Popcorn Chicken, Fries and Gravy (est. 22 syns)

Total: 47 syns :(

I'm going to learn from this. I feel so ashamed writing this down and I can't believe I just let myself go mental like that, but I know I'm going to succeed next week. I just need to drink more water, maybe spread my Syns more evenly and eat more SF and Speed Foods (thanks Rayven!).

Breakfast: Bowl of strawberries, two handfuls of cherries, wholemeal toast (HE) and half a can of beans.

Snack: M&S Sushi (0.5 syns), pear.

Lunch: Smoked Salmon, Lambs Lettuce, Lemon Juice and Seafood Sauce (1.5 syns).

Dinner: Pork Stir - Fry (Pork Tenderloin, Beansprouts, Peppers, Carrots, Onion) with Spicy SW Wedges and HP Spicy BBQ sauce (2 syns).

Snack: Fruit Salad Sweets (6 syns)

Drinks: Cup of Coffee, No Added Sugar Crusha (HE + 0.5 syns), 1.5l Sparkling Water, Two Large Glasses of Diet Coke, J20 (6.5 syns)

Total Syns: 16 out of 105, 89 remaining

I'm a little disappointed in myself. The day started off well, I got up and did 40mins aerobics, drank plenty of water and told myself I would only have 5-7.5 syns. However, it's not turned out that way but I should be realistic - I've eaten what I've wanted and it could have been a lot worse. All I can do is try again tomorrow :)

Back