Countdown to wedding dress!

Kotch21

Hi everyone,
Discovered this site today and it is so inspirational. I go to see my CDC tomorrow for the first time. Having a final blow out this weekend and then it is all systems go from Tuesday. I am getting married next year and want to start looking at wedding dresses by June, hopefully in size 12! Went into a shop the other day and at size 16-18 was told they had nothing that would fit me to try on!:mad: So really want a pretty woman moment when I can go back in and try on any dress in the shop. Lost 3 stone last year for my 30th birthday but then had a car accident so it's all gone back on, have never tried CD before.
So here goes.......

Hi everyone,
Discovered this site today and it is so inspirational. I go to see my CDC tomorrow for the first time. Having a final blow out this weekend and then it is all systems go from Tuesday. I am getting married next year and want to start looking at wedding dresses by June, hopefully in size 12! Went into a shop the other day and at size 16-18 was told they had nothing that would fit me to try on!:mad: So really want a pretty woman moment when I can go back in and try on any dress in the shop. Lost 3 stone last year for my 30th birthday but then had a car accident so it's all gone back on, have never tried CD before.
So here goes.......

Hi and welcome, Good luck for Tuesday and what a goal to work for your wedding! I think some people are so rude its not as if you are even that big to say that they did not have anything to fit you! I would love to be a fly on the wall when you walk in there and she see's how much you have lost! Yes it will be like a pretty women moment! Wipe that smirk right off her face!

Good luck hun will pop on to see how you are doing? x x

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for popping by. Got my shakes today so all good to go for Tuesday. Doing just the shakes for a few weeks til I get used to it, I can't subscribe to anyone for some reason, do you mind me asking how you're getting on?

Have a nice weekend :)

Welcome...there are so many of us brides to be! I'm sorry about the wedding dress shop, some of them are so snobby. There are some that will stock larger sizes and who are not worried about serving us larger ladies either so maybe look around and find a shop that you are comfortable with. Goodluck with you start and keep us updated with your progress! :)

Getting ready for starting tomorrow, had weigh in and got all my stuff ready to go....I know I shouldn't be looking forward to it but I am. Having lost nearly 3 stone last year and then putting it back on I can't wait to get back into my nice clothes and not be stuck in the same clothes day in day out! Had my final blow out at the weekend and I was sick last night from all the rich food so I'm already down 2 lbs since WI Friday which is a good start! Lets see what tomorrow brings......

Getting ready for starting tomorrow, had weigh in and got all my stuff ready to go....I know I shouldn't be looking forward to it but I am. Having lost nearly 3 stone last year and then putting it back on I can't wait to get back into my nice clothes and not be stuck in the same clothes day in day out! Had my final blow out at the weekend and I was sick last night from all the rich food so I'm already down 2 lbs since WI Friday which is a good start! Lets see what tomorrow brings......

Good luck Hun on your journey Hun x

Day 1 today, started with a banana shake and didn't really like it and was worrying then that I was done before I started if they all tasted the same! But had choc mint which was fab and strawberry this eve and even fiancé said he'd swap his dinner for it cos it smelled like angel delight! I'm hungry, not going to lie and every ad on tv was for food but I'm determined. On half term at the moment so was in the house all day so gonna get out tomorrow so I'm not constantly thinking about food! Just wondering can anyone tell me about ketosis? When does it start and how will I know?

Day 1 today, started with a banana shake and didn't really like it and was worrying then that I was done before I started if they all tasted the same! But had choc mint which was fab and strawberry this eve and even fiancé said he'd swap his dinner for it cos it smelled like angel delight! I'm hungry, not going to lie and every ad on tv was for food but I'm determined. On half term at the moment so was in the house all day so gonna get out tomorrow so I'm not constantly thinking about food! Just wondering can anyone tell me about ketosis? When does it start and how will I know?

Hi Hun well done on getting through day one:)! I am no expert on Ketosis but I found that day two and three where tough but just make sure you drink your water and stick to the shakes etc! By day 4 & 5 I felt tired cold and had no energy! I also has a fruity taste in my mouth! By day six I had more energy and did not feel hungry at all! I am sure other will tell you more of the technical terms or you can have a look in your CD book! There are also threads about this is you out ketosis in the search section!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow and good luck x

Thanks Teresa for that info. Day 3 done and am not feeling too bad, just waiting for bad days to come. Getting used to shakes and really finding out the nice ones and the ones that I really don't like. Really busy this eve with going to college so had to force down a shake when I got home at 10 as I didn't get a chance to have one earlier. Dreaming last nite about a mint aero, think my body has realised what's happening and is trying to get me to eat but I'm on to it and I know it's cunning plans! Lets see how tomorrow goes!

Thanks Teresa for that info. Day 3 done and am not feeling too bad, just waiting for bad days to come. Getting used to shakes and really finding out the nice ones and the ones that I really don't like. Really busy this eve with going to college so had to force down a shake when I got home at 10 as I didn't get a chance to have one earlier. Dreaming last nite about a mint aero, think my body has realised what's happening and is trying to get me to eat but I'm on to it and I know it's cunning plans! Lets see how tomorrow goes!

You seem to be doing fab Hun! Well done on doing day three! You are probably going into ketosis as from the sound of it you are not too hungry! Dreaming about food is quite a normal thing babe I kept dreaming of steak! Which I am not that keen on!

Good luck tomorrow x x

Well the end of day five and its been the hardest day without a doubt. So hungry today and very emotional. Even had to have a couple of slices of wafer thin turkey cos I couldn't get thru the day. Thinking how will I do this for 12 weeks never mind any longer, if there are more days like today. Hopefully will wake up tomorrow with more of a positive outlook, looked thru loads of diaries this eve and I know that everyone has days like this, just hope I am as motivated as everyone else to do this. To,or row is another day!

Not been on in a few days, on day 10 now which is an achievement in itself! Have found some days so hard and even though I know I'm in ketosis I'm still hungry. Go for WI Saturday so I think I'll get some soup and bars, I'm sick of milkshakes already and only really like banana and chocolate mint. Do feel slimmer already, and I was off for a week and when I got back to work on Monday, people said to me that I had lost weight, especially off my face. I just keep thinking I don't think I can do this long term, I'm so cold all the time and have 3 16 hour days a week so with them and only having shakes, I'm exhausted. I'm a real moaning Minnie today, sorry!

First WI yesterday and I lost 11.5lb! Absolutely delighted, those bad days have been worth it! Got some bars and soups for this week so that'll hopefully make it a bit easier! Still on a high from WI!

First WI yesterday and I lost 11.5lb! Absolutely delighted, those bad days have been worth it! Got some bars and soups for this week so that'll hopefully make it a bit easier! Still on a high from WI!

Well done hunny on on my first day an been so hungry lol. Ur doing amazing x

Thanks Abby, I definitely know that hungry feeling and still get it most days, I think with me now it's more cravings than hunger, I'm dreaming of chips! It is worth it tho when u weigh in and the pounds are going

wow you're doing epic with a 1 hour day on just milkshakes, i'm bored of them too, i'm a right fussy one so on 3 flavours. bring on the bars!!!

Thanks Abby, I definitely know that hungry feeling and still get it most days, I think with me now it's more cravings than hunger, I'm dreaming of chips! It is worth it tho when u weigh in and the pounds are going[/QUOTEday

3 and I'm feeling very light headed and faint. Not sure about this it dosnt seem healthy to be feeling this way??????

wow you're doing epic with a 1 hour day on just milkshakes, i'm bored of them too, i'm a right fussy one so on 3 flavours. bring on the bars!!!
Sugarised, I only like the banana and milk chocolate shakes, I'm very fussy! The first week I got a couple of each shake and decided what I liked! This week I got soup and bars too, hated the leek and potato soup but the chilli one was ok. Am LOVING the bars although I think it's the fact I'm chewing again more than anything!

Thanks Abby, I definitely know that hungry feeling and still get it most days, I think with me now it's more cravings than hunger, I'm dreaming of chips! It is worth it tho when u weigh in and the pounds are going[/QUOTEday

3 and I'm feeling very light headed and faint. Not sure about this it dosnt seem healthy to be feeling this way??????

i get what u mean Abby, I haven't felt light headed but when I was shopping Friday and had to walk through the food court if a shopping centre I nearly broke down in tears.....I don't think this is normal behaviour!! I'm still retreating to the bedroom while my fiancé cooks and eats his dinner, I feel very hard done by at times!;)

Had WI yesterday and lost 4lbs, very happy as its TOTM so CDC said to expect a bigger loss next week. This diet gets easier by the week, I think it's because you can see results so quickly! So it's all systems go on the positivity front!:)

Back