Counting Calories on Holiday?

Hello,

I am going on Holiday in a week with my Mum. I've been on the Cambridge diet for the last 7 weeks, and while my Mum is supportive of that, she's said she's not prepared to eat alone. Which is fair enough. And I know that my will power will only stretch so far. I wouldn't be able to sit with a shake while Mum has wine and food etc.

So my plan is to stick below 1500 calories in order to limit how much weight I put on while I'm away...but I'm a little worried about estimating restaurant food. I mean, I will take a mini calorie book with me, but who knows how much oil etc has been used in the cooking process? Or how much pasta they've given you...etc etc etc. And I know the simplest answer would be to eat nothing but grilled chicken and lettuce leaves at every meal, but I'm on holiday and I'd like to be able to enjoy 1 ice cream on the beach, or a cocktail, or whatever! But I don't want to go too overboard...

Anyone got any advice or suggestions?

Thank you!!

Go and enjoy yourself! Have the week off. The diet will be waiting when you get back. That's want I would do. Xx

Same here, enjoy your holiday!! If you are really conscious it's easy to make healthier choices but if u want an ice cream or cocktail have one!! Life's too short and as nina said it will be here when you get home!! X

:thankyou:Thanks ladies! I think you're right. As long as I don't go over-board, I can indulge myself a little.

It's my first holiday in 5 years so I think I deserve it!:character00180:

Fingers crossed :cross: I don't put on too much though! xxx

Don't worry. If you do gain you'll be able to get right back on too the weight loss mode! It'll fall off xx

I find it easier when on holiday as we're always so busy sight seeing! We never used the. Tubes/taxis, we walk.

Back