Counting Syns a lot like counting PP?

lilminx

hey thinking of joining sw. but it seems that working out the syn value in some foods and keeping track is an awful lot like working out pp values on ww? i thought the idea of sw is that u didht have to work out values? maybe in confused :confused:

thanks! im looking forward to it im in the right mind frame now AGAIN to shift the weight right back up to near where i started few years back awh well i blame marriage for making me content lol x

I've stayed clear of sw in the past thinking its a lot of planning and too restrictive. This is my first week and I'm loving it!!!!!! It's so easy, but you have to plan your foods. Ive had choc and crisps and lager!! X

Yeah you don't spent that much time working out syns... and in time you'll know the values of the stuff you'll use your syns for! I did WW before and hated it, I found it so restrictive. SW is so flexible, it's so much better for real life, long term! Xx

Its a whole lot easier than working out points. Syns mainly tend to be used for the extra "bits" that arent free (wine, biscuits, etc) by most people. Your normal everyday food is based on free and superfree foods and I'm sure you'll be amazed at what you can have without counting/measuring

Took me a looooooooooonnnnnngggggggg time to get points out of my head though!!!

To make syns easier get an address book and write your favourite synned foods ( I also write HEB's under H, it's easier than trying to remember/look up when out and about and a lot more discreet.

But apart from that its easy, lean meat, eggs and pasta/potatoes/rice cooked without fat and 1/3 superfree!
Add in your HEs and your done!

I counted a bit when I first started but not anymore I generally know what I am allowed and only have syns on a weekend. So my meals during the week are really nice but also syn free such as steamed salmon, tuna salad, egg and chips etc.

Thank you all for your replies:) I know even before I startill be looking at my plate of food thinking that’s how many pp? Surely I can’tlose weight this way! but in going to try and break that habit ASAP I used tobe obsessed with counting points so im looking forward to no longer doingthat.. Can’t wait until get started and I love looking at how well you are alldoing well done hope i can shift about 23-25lb sigh :break_diet:

Back