Counting the calories down to a new me!

halftheworldaway

Hi guys, I've recently started properly calorie counting again (if I'm really honest, it was this morning!) and I thought this would be a good way to keep myself motivated. I'm 197 lbs at the moment and hoping to get down to 133 lbs but I don't have any way of weighing in at uni so that'll have to wait until I go home again which may not be for a while! Unless they have scales at the gym I've joined? Will have to find out :)

I've done a meal plan for the whole week which should keep me on track and am trying to stick to around 1500 calories a day in the hope of losing about 1lb a week.

Today I've had a brunch bar and a banana for breakfast, a pitta bread filled with tuna mayo and a packet of Pom Bears for lunch and spaghetti carbonara and another brunch bar for tea and now I'm trying to stave off the shortbread cravings!

xxx

hi hun am 2 trying calorie counting am 13 13 and gd luck with the gym am shure they should have scales also try go the same scales each day x

Thank you :) my gym membership starts Monday and I've a class booked Tuesday so I'll try and weigh the same time each week as well! Good luck with your weight loss too x

Good luck! How's it going?

I consumed 1520 yesterday which I thought was good, would have been less than that but my blood sugar dropped late at night (I'm diabetic) but that can't be helped! Have found keeping myself busy stops me from binging and craving various foods so have been trying to do that too :) discovered garlic and herb philadelphia too which is gorgeous! and not too high in calories so am very pleased so far :) am aiming to stick to 1500 every day for the next week x

thats really good hun mfp said for me 2 do 1200 i just dont think its possible lol i am tyin myself to do 1500 mmm i like philly i like the sweet chilly am a terrible binge eater myself but have faith and dont deprive ureself will u be writing what u eat am doin a dairy i think its good 2 look back on x

I'll have to try the sweet chilli, that sounds really nice! I mainly track what I eat on MFP but I might start keeping a diary too :) I've had 1509 calories today so not too bad! x

Ahh I wasn't feeling too well last night and ended up having a bit of a chocolate binge! :( no point dwelling on it though, just have to be good today :) x

Good attitude :)

I'm going out tonight but I've allowed the calories for 5 Malibus and with what I've eaten today it comes in at 1549 which isn't bad! I think I'll stick to this as I'm determined to do well the rest of the week :)

For the first time ever I'm finding it difficult to have enough calories today! Am on 1104 but I've heard having less than 1200 a day can be very detrimental to your health so am I ok to stop here or should I try and eat that extra 96 cals?

If you really can't then don't. I know I don't. Unless there's juice in. Might have a glass of that if there is.

I got peckish so had a teacake! Just over 1200 calories today, very happy :)

wd hun will u add me on mfp i carnt sem to add yet lol mine is georgina2930 ur doin great x

For the first time ever I'm finding it difficult to have enough calories today! Am on 1104 but I've heard having less than 1200 a day can be very detrimental to your health so am I ok to stop here or should I try and eat that extra 96 cals?

How come having less than 1200 is detrimental to your health? Just started calorie counting but coming from Lipotrim on 500 cals a day I am fidning it difficult to eat 1200 and often have as little as 600 or 800. Is this bad for me and do you know why?

Lipotrim and stuff have the nutrients and things we need all carefully balanced out so you are still getting them all. When you're doing it yourself, it's very hard to get that right so you could end up making yourself ill. A little while ago my iron got very low and was light headed a lot and passed out a couple of times. Helped when I started eating a little more.

I'm not an expert as not done it myself,,but I'm sure someone on here who went from a VLCD to calorie counting said you'll gain at first but then it drops down and balances out. It was a while back that I remember reading that so not 100% sure. But makes sense.

Back