couple of CC questions!

little-e

Currently doing CD and thinking of swapping to CC have worked out to loose 2lb a week through MFP I have to consume 1200 a day, a lot of people are saying that you must consume this in a day ? Why is it vital to eat up to your cal intake and no less as surely eating less cals mean you loose more weight? Also to what extent does it matter about the amount of carbs protein fat etc you are consuming? Thanks and any other tips for a newbie much appreciated xx

I'm still a newbie myself so will be watching the replies with interest!;)

My understanding about the minimum number of cals is that if you go too low (under 1200?) your metabolism stalls down - your body panics that is not getting any nutriens and starts holding onto the little you eat for dear life. There seem yo be many stories here where people start loosing faster when they up the calories, I don't fully get it myself tbh

MFP has me at 1400 cals a day and I just about manage, some days I just want a treat and something tiny would push me quite high, so I've started logging treats in the morning so they are "planned". Haven't fully figured out carb/fat/protein yet, I'm mainly watching calories and carbs as I really crave carbs. I find an apple and a banana a day throw me over the sugar allowance for the day, have to figure out a way around that too as I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible

Good luck, I think MFP is brilliant!

Last edited:
Hi there

I have been cc since October & the only time I tried dropping to less than 1200 was for 2 weeks I only lost 1/2lb in that 2 weeks so I put it back up to at least 1200 & lost 4.5lb that week.... Since then I have made sure I always have 1200 (unless I have been poorly or something like that), I also eat very low fat but I don't look at the other things like sugar/vitamins/carb etc as I know I have a healthy diet & due to the high amount of fruit I eat my sugar is always too high according to mfp.

I swear calorie counting for me is the best thing ever, I have been trying & failing for 14 years on various diets & never been anything like as successful as I have been with this...

Good Luck with your journey, onwards & downwards x

little-e said:
Currently doing CD and thinking of swapping to CC have worked out to loose 2lb a week through MFP I have to consume 1200 a day, a lot of people are saying that you must consume this in a day ? Why is it vital to eat up to your cal intake and no less as surely eating less cals mean you loose more weight? Also to what extent does it matter about the amount of carbs protein fat etc you are consuming? Thanks and any other tips for a newbie much appreciated xx

As said above having less than the minimum amount of cals doesnt necessarily mean massive weightloss week after week, plus it makes it harder to stick to and there are the unpleasant side effects associated with it such as tiredness, hair thinning etc over a long time. Having a larger amount of calories means it is most suistainable in the long term, therefore more likely to lose the weight and keep it off.

I done a VLCD before losing the rest CC and a VLCD has all your daily nutrients but if you ate less than 1200 calories on conventional food it's very difficult to get all your nutrients that you need

Back