Couple of questions

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
I've had a go in the past and read Jim's Bible thread, which I still have the notes, but could I clarify a couple of things please? I am starting again on Monday.

Last time I gave up because of the awful taste in my mouth which I became very self conscious of and thought people were recoiling when I spoke to them (just day to day work stuff). Is there any way round that?

My husband dutifully bought me a breast of lamb which I will roast and chop up for a tupperware snack as I love lamb. But he brought one home with stuffing in. I am making the assumption that stuffing is a no-no which isn't a problem because when it is cooked I can unroll it and scrape it out and give it the birds - but I just thought I'd like to clarify.

What is "frankenfood"? Precisely - some examples please? An interesting term but I can't find any clear examples! :)

Many thanks
Will start a diary on Monday and am already finding this board very useful in pointing me iin the direction of my weekly shop tomorrow! :D

x

The breath thing is probably due to being in ketosis so I'm afraid it's a case of putting up with it whilst trying sf minty things that don't make u stall or eating more carbs so ur not in ketosis but then u won't have the benefit of it.

Re the stuffing, it'll probably contain bread n other things we're not allowed so best bet is to throw it to the birds n stick with the meat.

Frankenfoods are things that although aren't strictly allowed they're sf or low carb. Such things include diabetic choc n sweets which use sweeteners not sugar, items that are designed to replace carby things like many things from sites like lowcarbmegastore.com where there's sauces n suchlike. Sometimes sugar replacements or citric acid makes people stall n not to mention pollytrots.

Yes, like Claire says - the bad breath is part of the ketones burning off, it's a good sign, means you're losing weight :D

thank you both!

So SF mints would be OK just as a breath freshener? Thats good! :)

Well they're not strictly allowed so probably considered a frankenfood lol. But no sugar so if they don't make u stall worth a go.

Some sweeteners in excess, which when in diabetic choc etc they can be if u have more than a little, basically make u trot to the loo!

Back