Couple of questions......

Bumblebum

Hello all

Recently started on Xenical and am desperately trying to avoid having any....ahem...side effects!:rolleyes:

So would just like the heads up on a couple of things. I know salmon doesn't react well for a lot of people so am assuming Mackerel and Tuna would be the same??? Love tinned tuna but am a bit scared to try it :).

Also, i seem to have a lot of lean mince in my freezer. Not extra lean but I always drain and rinse my mince so as to get rid of as much fat as possible. Do you think I'd be pushing my luck if I tried this whilst on Xenical???

Thank you all!

Bumblebum
x

Tuna is fine the one is spring water or Brine. I personally haven't eaten Salmon on these tablets so can't really say and as long as you use lean mince and boil off fat etc you should be fine. The Mackerel is over the 5g rule shame as i love it

Thank you for that. Glad I can have tuna. T'is a shame about mackerel though. Love the smoked stuff. Ah well!

Also great about the mince. Hubby loves italian so we have a lot of pasta etc here.

Thank you!:)

Hi, I think like you said it affects everyone differently.. I haven't taken the tablets for a few months but I didn't have any problems with salmon, tuna or mackerel. But I know people do so my advice would be to try and small amount and see how you get on! X

I was ok with tuna & salmon, it has to be wild salmon though as farmed salmon is injected with fat to make it bigger I am told....

Back