Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cheekychops, 19 May 2008 Social URL.

1. cheekychops

cheekychops On a mission!

Evening all,

I'm on day 3 and no bathroom activity. Is that normal or should I buy something? If so can you guys recommend anything?

Is there a general time when you stop feeling hungry on this? It was my first day at work doing it and it was haaarrrd!

The thing I have learned today, is that the orange winter spice is horrid warm, yuck!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yvonne85

yvonne85 need to be old goofy me

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    my take on Atkins, will do it until i'm bored then go back onto WW methods.
    Ooo ~ CD can cause horrible constipation, i know, i've been there... without going into detail, the pain is what i'd imagine childbirth to be like. Don't let yourself get into that state... i'd recommend you take sennokot or similar. I've read posts where people have taken the laxative 'Dulcolax' but it caused severe stomach cramps, so you may wish to steer clear of that. I take sennokot twice a week now, i learnt my lesson the hard way...

The first three days are the worst hunger wise, after that you should be in ketosis... and its the greatest thing ever. I don't think i've felt hungry since the middle of my first week. It gets easier as you go along... :)

4. cheekychops

That's a few times you've helped me out now, thanks hon!

Day 4 tomorrow, so fingers crossed the hunger monster goes away lol.

I'll try an buy something at lunch tomorrow. Will any brand do or are some a no go on CD?

5. yvonne85

yvonne85 need to be old goofy me

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    my take on Atkins, will do it until i'm bored then go back onto WW methods.
    No worries... :)

It does get easier, plus when you see the weight coming off, its a great motivator...

I'm not sure if there's some laxatives that interfere with CD, hopefully someone else can help you there. Personally, i've always used the ordinary Sennokot tablets [they come in a green box] and i've had no problems with them...

6. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I recommend psyllium husks. Laxatives can upset your digestive tract.

7. jlawson29

jlawson29 New Member

hey im new to this how do i go in to chat rooms?

8. cheekychops

Just incase boots don't have sennokot, hopefully they will though.

I bought new scales today, probably a bad idea as I'll never be off them.

How are you getting on anyway?

9. cheekychops

Thanks, I'm totallay new at this malarkey! I can see me standing looking gormless in boots for some time tomorrow lol.

10. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi Cheekychops, I had 20 weeks of constipation (sorry if too much info lol). I tried everything but in the end the only thing that worked for me was dulcolax. But it is very unpredictable..I made sure I was staying in the house after I'd taken it!

11. cheekychops

Scary biscuits! :eek:

Noted, stay close to the loo.

12. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    Cheekychops....

Like Seaneen, I would recommend Psyllium Husks. You can get them from health food shops and although quite expensive £10.50 for a jar, it is sooooooooo worth it.

I make porridge with mine, so in the morning (when i have time!) i mix my CD shake powder with 3 heaped tsp of psyllium husk and hot water - blend and you get a (ok its imaginative) bowl of porridge to EAT! and its all legal!

its trial and error on the quantity of water i use about 200ml but it varies according to the flavour. Fruits of the forest is lovely and vanilla with a good tsp of coffee in is also flavoursome! Have tried others and I personally enjoy them but i have been almost chased off mins as someone i suggested it to took umbridge and didn't like it!

Just keep trying, once you get the right consistency (and don't blend too much) its a real treat and you will be as regular as clockwork!

good luck,

lots of love

Mikki xx

13. cheekychops

I'm liking the idea of something to eat, imaginary or otherwise lol. Thanks for the info. :)

14. Petra

Petra Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.05%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The 1st week on CD and I was constipated. Now I go toilet everyday without fail.

15. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    PH can be bought from Health food shops like Holland and Barratt - called coloncare in a powder or capsules (nice name eh??!) but are expensive. Healthspan do them cheaper - but are a coarser texture.
    Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub

However they are not a laxative - and won't make you go! For that you need a laxative like Ducolax. Once you've been PH works by bulking up your stools and making them softer - so you go more often and don't get constipated. Drink loads of extra water though.

16. cheekychops

I think I'll try drinking lots more water and see how it goes. Thanks everyone. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.