• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Courgettes

Missjlouise

Silver Member

Tatws

I chucked mine in a SW lasgne and in the spicy bean and sausage casserole fom the family feast book. Nothing specific but just to add to a recipe.

Missjlouise

Silver Member
Thankyou :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Missjlouise

Silver Member
I used them in a lovely spicy rice and chicken pot today ... It was scrumptious

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Tonight i had some courgettes too to use up and i made courgette soup it tastes good but does have half a pint of semi skimmed milk in it so does have a few syns. So 2 syns per bowl. If you want the recipe let me know it very similar to leek and potato.

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
I love them peeled in to long strips, then gently fried with olive oil and lots of garlic and served with Salmon or steak.

However, I haven't had that since starting SW, don't think the Frylight would have the same effect? I would use them up in making homemade ratoutille - don't like aubergines but could add lots of tomatoes, garlic, peppers, onions and courgettes and slow cook them into a lovely dish!! :)

We are growing some this year, I just love them!!

x

Micci

Gold Member
Mediteranean roast veggies - sliced courgettes, tomatoes, onions, aubergines all sliced up on a baking tray, spray with fry light, sprinkle with herbs and roast. Yum!

Or, a similar mix can be cooked really nicely in a panin press if you;ve got one, you even get those grilled charred stripes on them.

Or cut up small with mushrooms and other soft veggies to make veggie kebabs

I loooove courgettes and miss growing them on my allotment

Missjlouise

Silver Member
teresa32uk said:
Tonight i had some courgettes too to use up and i made courgette soup it tastes good but does have half a pint of semi skimmed milk in it so does have a few syns. So 2 syns per bowl. If you want the recipe let me know it very similar to leek and potato.
Yes please sounds good

Missjlouise

Silver Member
dizzydawnie said:
I love them peeled in to long strips, then gently fried with olive oil and lots of garlic and served with Salmon or steak.

However, I haven't had that since starting SW, don't think the Frylight would have the same effect? I would use them up in making homemade ratoutille - don't like aubergines but could add lots of tomatoes, garlic, peppers, onions and courgettes and slow cook them into a lovely dish!! :)

We are growing some this year, I just love them!!

x
The fried ones sound amazing ...

Oooh yea forgot about ratatoille... In a nice lasagna

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Spiced Courgette Soup Recipe

Easy to make and freezes well especially in empty plastic milk containers
Serves 4

Ingredients:

• Fry Light
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 350g/12oz sliced courgettes
  • 140g/5oz potato sliced, old or new
  • 425ml/¾ pint chicken or vegetable stock
  • 300ml/½ pint semi skimmed milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method:

1. Spray frylight, add onions and garlic. Cook gently for 5 minutes
  2. Add cumin and coriander, stirring for a few minutes.
  3. Add courgettes, potato, stock and milk. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15mins or until soft.
  4. Leave to cool, then liquidise until preferred consistency
2 syns per serving, this tastes just like leek and potato soup