Puddings Cous cous cake

Kath1210

Not sure if this has been put up already but couldnt find it when I searched. Good sub if your a cake lover and surprisingly yummy
4ozs cous cous
2 eggs
1 muller light
4tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp baking powder

Soak the cous cous in boiled water for 10mins. Meanwhile mix together all the other ingredients. When the cous cous is ready mix that in to the yogurt mixture. Put into a frylighted microwaveable cake tin. Microwave on full power for 10mins.

This wouldnt be free though, couscous is synned when used as a flour substitute so this would be synned at the red day value of couscous. X

I suppose if you have a piece for breakfast with fruit it would be ok, it's when people think 'oh, this is free' and eat the whole thing during the course of the day the they're gonna start gaining and wondering why! X

Hiya just read ur post and dont quote me but im sure it is free as u r cooking cous cous as normal its only if u grind it down to use as a flour sub it changes the density bit like the cookes fruit being synned..

No its not only when you grind it down, its when you use it as a flour substitute as in to make a cake. Grinding it down would also be synned however, but it does not need to be ground down to be synned.

From the SW Website-
Are couscous cake, Smash pizzas and lasagne-sheet 'Doritos' Free?
You might be disappointed to hear that they're not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned. When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they're low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods - giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they're often used as additions to a main meal... and on top of your day's Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns

Back