Mary's IF weekly log in.

Cavegirl21

Gold Member
I've always been against doing IF as I've always been very active and needed to make sure to eat regularly or I would feel light headed. And also read it's bad for your internal organs.... But since I've got older I don't need so much food,don't feel hungry like I used to and can go longer without eating as I've only been eating out of habit.

So back to work this week after having the Summer off. :(

Starting tomorrow I will be fasting. My eating window is 12pm - 7pm. I don't know what my calories will be but roughly 1000.

I was also going to do Keto but will not be starting that yet. I will be sticking to real foods and will not be using smoothies or baking cakes etc with almond flour etc like I did when I done Primal. I will be eating rice,meat,fish,veg and some fruits. This isn't about losing weight this is about feeding my body the foods it needs to keep my energy up as I'm still fairly active. I am Gluten and Dairy free. I have one cup of tea in the morning with Lactofree uht milk. Portion size is 20ml. That is the only dairy I can have.

Will update once a week with how I'm getting on. :)

Last edited:
That sounds like a good plan. I've made a fasting thread on the new keto forum here - the second post is a science paper you night want to read tomorrow. Sleep well.

Week 1 is over,

For me I think I was having breakfast as it's what we have been told to do. I don't actually feel hungry in the mornings. I thought I would seeing my last meal the night before is usually around 6/7pm. I've not had any sweet things except I do like some jelly(sugar free) after my dinner. I read jelly is good for your digestive system and helps with sleep. It's suppose to be good for your hair and skin as well. Don't know how much truth is in it. I know gelatin is good for you.

Back to work next week after having the Summer off. Have had to go in for a couple of days to do some cleaning this week. I cracked a rib 2 weeks ago so it has been hard doing things. Had so much planned for the Summer holidays as well. :(

On to week 2. :)

So sorry about yr ribs - very sore. Great first week. Good luck for week 2.

Oh no poor you...hope your rib heals quickly x

I am back. :)

Rib still not perfect but at least pain has gone and I am able to do things.

I reached into a big black rubbish bin to grab a black bag from the bottom of it after putting garden waste on the top of it and lent too far in and cracked the rib on the lip of the bin.

Still been IF'ing. Keep myself busy in the morning so food doesn't cross my mind until lunch time.

Another week over.

Going to try a couple of days of not eating until dinner time. Which will be a 24 hour fast as dinner is usually around 6 pm most nights.

I am dairy free(except one portion of lactose free milk) and now red meat free.(all except 2 sausages on a Saturday)I've always loved sausages and will not give them up yet. They are pork and apple gluten free ones. I have them with chips. It's what I call my treat meal of the week. :)

Where are the days going to. Two more weeks have passed and I'm still IF'ing.

I didn't get round to two days of fasting until dinner time.:( So I'm still going from 6pm to 12pm. (writing that doesn't look right. Looks like only a 6 hour fast)..

Just happened across your thread, Mary, and it's interesting to read your progress.

I haven't tried intentionally fasting yet but I've been on Keto for about six weeks now and both my and my husband's eating habits have naturally moved to skipping breakfast through not being hungry. We're eating lunch and dinner now usually in a six hour window so we seem to have naturally started a 18:6 eating pattern. Over time it will be interesting to see if we drift into the odd 24 hours with only one meal.

I'll be following to see how you get on :)

Still breakfast free and plodding along with eating between 12 and 6.

Going to be hard next 10 days as I'm on Half Term and routine changes.

Any recommendations what hot drink to have now it's getting colder. Don't want tea or coffee. Thought about some hot squash. Anyone got any good ones to try?

Just happened across your thread, Mary, and it's interesting to read your progress.

I haven't tried intentionally fasting yet but I've been on Keto for about six weeks now and both my and my husband's eating habits have naturally moved to skipping breakfast through not being hungry. We're eating lunch and dinner now usually in a six hour window so we seem to have naturally started a 18:6 eating pattern. Over time it will be interesting to see if we drift into the odd 24 hours with only one meal.

I'll be following to see how you get on :)

I find it easy now to fast for 24 hours. I couldn't do it before as all I wanted was food. Not because I was hungry just because I was a food addict.
I'm on my own this weekend painting so fasting on Saturday as my mind won't be on food. Then I will have a lovely roast dinner on Sunday. :)

Still breakfast free and plodding along with eating between 12 and 6.

Going to be hard next 10 days as I'm on Half Term and routine changes.

Any recommendations what hot drink to have now it's getting colder. Don't want tea or coffee. Thought about some hot squash. Anyone got any good ones to try?

Nice to see you are still doing ok :)

Options hot chocolates are a good low calorie option or my go to is green tea, it's really good for you as well.

Can't have any chocolate of any sorts.
It's inconclusive if green tea is as good as everyone makes out.It has caffeine and the tannin can interfere with iron levels. If having it I use loose tea as teabags contain some plastic.

Checking in a day early as tomorrow is the 1st of November and starting back on no sugar(after a weekend of having it) and still fasting from dinner around to lunch time.:)

Enjoying warm lime juice and warm Ribena.

I shouldn't be left on my own for a weekend. I didn't bother cooking so the whole weekend was eating g/f bread,sausages,g/f lemon drizzle cake and some sweets.

I wanted to get a bedroom painted where my son lives while I was on my own so just grabbed what I could when I could. I still fasted until lunchtime and stopped eating at 6 pm but it's what I ate I am annoyed with.

Back home now so back on it.

Back to work Monday so will be back to some sort of routine after having 2 weeks off.

Just over 7 weeks until Christmas. :)

6 weeks until Christmas.

Another good week over.

I sold all my exercise equipment over the last few months but yesterday I bought some weights. I always enjoyed working out before I feel ill and now after being back to 'normal' I need to build up some muscle. I found my suspension trainer in a drawer so that will be going back on the door and will be used a couple times a week. :)

Can't believe 2 years on I'm still faffing about.
After not being well this last week with a cold I need to detox my body of sugar again. Hubby bought me wine gums and nougat bars this week as I didn't feel like eating much. Also been attacking the Nairn Choc biscuits and Coffee sticks with added sugar.

So from tomorrow it's out with the sugar and more water drinking.

How's it going?

Back