Craving food :(

cat36

Hi guys

My first weigh in is tomorrow, been 100% and I know I've lost, but today I'm starving ! Drinking loads of water but feeling really grouchy and wanting something solid to eat. Not sure if its related to the other half eating Mc Donalds in front of me. What do you guys do when you feel like this ?

Hi guys

My first weigh in is tomorrow, been 100% and I know I've lost, but today I'm starving ! Drinking loads of water but feeling really grouchy and wanting something solid to eat. Not sure if its related to the other half eating Mc Donalds in front of me. What do you guys do when you feel like this ?

Oh no! Congrats on getting through your first week (well, almost ;) ). It could be, might be an idea to avoid being in the same room as your other half when he is eating? See if you feel any better. I'm a boredom eater, so I've been keeping myself occupied! I've been cleaning, playing games, sleeping and doing some coursework so that I don't get bored and think of food! Let me know if this helps x

I'm on placement at the mo and I'm fine then, its more in the evenings. Writing a dissertation makes me crave junk, so thinking I will write it off and tomorrow be in a better mood.

Urggghh, me too. It comes in waves. I was fine for the first two weeks, craving food in a big way in week three...and then fine...and now I'm in week 6 and I can't stop googling recipes and drooling at pictures of food online!

Like you, I'm writing a thesis at the moment and I desperately want chips and chocolate to get me through it! Lumpy "chicken" soup isn't doing the job lol.

What's soothing me a little bit is looking at healthy recipes online and plotting things I can eat when I'm done with my Refeed - like healthier, lower-cal version recipes for my favourite meals.

That's the problem, uni work = munching, but that's my bad habit I need to break. It will be good, looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Just don't think I was expecting today to bite me on the bum and make cranky lol

coffee with 2 sweeteners hit the spot :D

I just have a quiet word with myself that I'm not really hungry and it's just an emotional response related to my relationship I have with food, a habit I have to break if I m to be slim. I then think about all the photos there are of me which I don't like and how I want to be slim and happy to have photos and video taken. I tell myself the only person that can conquer my cravings is me and that my 'fred' needs to behave. (there's a thread on here which talks about your mind and food or your 'fred' that's interesting to read, sorry I can't post links, I'm a bit rubbish like that, perhaps you can search the threads for 'fred'!?)

Good advice. I'm trying to crave healthy things and am looking up healthy recipes for when I finish TFR in a week or two.

I know what you mean, chocolate always tastes so dry and sugary when I've been off it for s while!

I have a long way to go till I'm at target, but think I'll do it one day at a time and hope cravings don't show their ugly face too often lol.

Back