Extra Easy cravings are back!

Hi, I'm looking for some help/insperation, I'm 2 months in and the novelty is wearing off and the cravings are kicking in! I seem to have a good week then an average week then a good week and so on... It sounds good but its getting me down is this normal?

If the worst weeks are simply average then you are doing great! You can't expect your body to lose a prescribed amount every week, even if you ate the same foods.
If you're craving foods then you need to look at how you use your Syns. For me it's best if I don't have certain things at all and the craving lessens. But sometimes you need to spend those syns on what you fancy.

I'm craving sweet things, deserts and chocs mainly, I know I can use syns for a treat but I don't want to get dragged into the habit of thinking its ok to have this it your syns, what happens when you've had your sins and your still craving, what I could do with is syn free chocs lol

I went like that and it sounds daft but i upped my fruit to try and take my sweet tooth away, i just had more grapes or apples - i tend to find fruit tastes better and sweeter if you keep it in the fridge to chill. You could set yourself a goal where you have a treat day so its something to work towards?

Also you could try homemade popcorn? Popped with air not oil and dusted with sweetener? Im still fairly new to SW syns do/donts etc so im not 100% sure if this would be syn free or not? But you can pick up a cheap popcorn maker and plain popping kernals?

If they're the choccy / sweetie type that you get around *week, it's been shown after being scientiffically investigated that if you stick to green days you'll have less cravings, it may well work with non *week.... I know it helped me when I was having cravings

Think of your syns differently. It IS ok to have things like chocolate and biccies. It's just not ok to have loads. That's the whole point of syns; to give you a way to satisfy these cravings without going overboard. I'm a huge chocoholic. Now I keep a box of match makers in. At 1 syn a stick, it tends to feel like mote than it is and it satisfys a chocolate craving. Sometimes things like roses ate good too, at 2 syns each. I don't do it every day but when the craving hits, I indulge within my syns and it DOES work and stops me feeling deprived. Another tip is dark chocolate satisfies quicker than milk

My problem is that I can't just have one I have to have the whole bag or the whole packet, especial when it comes to biscuits.

Please feel free to chip in here, would it be worth going cold turkery? then at lease your not having one and then left wanting more? which is sometimes worse then going without.

Do you craving subside over time?

Malibu xx

My problem is that I can't just have one I have to have the whole bag or the whole packet, especial when it comes to biscuits.

Please feel free to chip in here, would it be worth going cold turkery? then at lease your not having one and then left wanting more? which is sometimes worse then going without.

Do you craving subside over time?

Malibu xx

Hi

have you tried buying multibacks of cookies or sweets and just snacking on the little bags to try so then at least if you feel a packet then you havent gone through a full size one lol? My cravings have subsided quite a bit i tend to chill grapes and apples and snack on those as they tend to be sweeter. Theres something called scan bran that people have mentioned that you can make cake etc from? Dont know if thats anything that would appeal to you? I think im going to give it a blast as cold fruit will and can get boring lol.

Also i mentioned earlier about plain popped popcorn done at home without oil, 5syns per 28g x

Hmmm scan bran yes I know scan bran very well, spent many an hour in the kitchen experimenting with it :S lol (i did SW last year). In my opinion the scan bran cakes tend to taste a bit eggy. If you like egg custard then I guess this wont be an issue but I'm afraid I don't :(

Love popcorn but popcorn don't like me, give me really bad tummy ache.

Think I might try eatting grapes as like a sweet treat, as money was tight when we were kids grapes were always a treat as mum didn't get them in often. maybe they will psycologically fool be in to believing i am being naughty haha.

Thanks for your tips.

Malibu xx

That could work haha Im not too keen on eggy custard my self :0/ someone posted a carrot cake receipe for the scan bran so i might attempt it, althought my mums version is to die for! She does it with low fat stuff though so i suppose it cant be too bad? :0/....

I think red grapes chilled taste lovely really sweet and crunchy, my sister in law buys multi packs of dairy milk buttons and freezes the little bags and nibbles on them, choc lasts longer when its frozen lol...

When I get a craving for something sweet, I use some of my syns on either a Cadbury Highlights hot choc (2 syns) and/or rich tea finger biscuits (1 syn each)

I'm also a "former" crisp addict and every now and then I reaaaaaaaaaally fancy a bag, so I brought in multipacks of French Fries and at 4 syns a bag, I have no worries that I may end up depriving myself and falling off the wagon! ;)

When I get a craving for something sweet, I use some of my syns on either a Cadbury Highlights hot choc (2 syns) and/or rich tea finger biscuits (1 syn each)

I'm also a "former" crisp addict and every now and then I reaaaaaaaaaally fancy a bag, so I brought in multipacks of French Fries and at 4 syns a bag, I have no worries that I may end up depriving myself and falling off the wagon! ;)

I am a crisp addict! Well was..ive done really well to avoid buying a bag everytime i spot a shop lol.. I have discovered home made syn free crisps!! I think they are only syn free on EE though?

Basically thinly slice potatoes
Spray a plate with fry lite and place thin slices around the plate - not over lapping
Sprinkle the potatoes with salt
Spray again with fry lite
Cook in microwave for around 4mins, maybe less if you have a high watt micro, just keep and eye on them! when they change colour and seem more "transparent" lol then just remove off the plate and pop onto a wire rack or clean tray to cool off and crisp up!

I suppose you could try experimenting with flavours too like sprinkling a chicken oxo cube on them or ground rosemary just to change things up a bit??

Although the potatoes are free, I believe that these need to be synned as if you were on red, it's what's known as free food abuse, as you are likely to sit and eat more potatoes in this form than you would if you sat and ate boiled or jacket potatoes, and as you're supposed to eat 1/3rd superfree on EE you're not doing that either ...sorry to be a party pooper, but I thought you should know

Showag said:
I am a crisp addict! Well was..ive done really well to avoid buying a bag everytime i spot a shop lol.. I have discovered home made syn free crisps!! I think they are only syn free on EE though?

Basically thinly slice potatoes
Spray a plate with fry lite and place thin slices around the plate - not over lapping
Sprinkle the potatoes with salt
Spray again with fry lite
Cook in microwave for around 4mins, maybe less if you have a high watt micro, just keep and eye on them! when they change colour and seem more "transparent" lol then just remove off the plate and pop onto a wire rack or clean tray to cool off and crisp up!

I suppose you could try experimenting with flavours too like sprinkling a chicken oxo cube on them or ground rosemary just to change things up a bit??

No no no no no!!! These aren't free!! They're 2 1/2 syns per 28g. Potatoes are only free if used in a meal. It's the same as pasta crisps n lasagne sheet nachos. Not free!!!
It's classed as food abuse, like using cous cous as flour!
I know how much I would like them to be free but they're not!

I went like that and it sounds daft but i upped my fruit to try and take my sweet tooth away, i just had more grapes or apples - i tend to find fruit tastes better and sweeter if you keep it in the fridge to chill. You could set yourself a goal where you have a treat day so its something to work towards?

Also you could try homemade popcorn? Popped with air not oil and dusted with sweetener? Im still fairly new to SW syns do/donts etc so im not 100% sure if this would be syn free or not? But you can pick up a cheap popcorn maker and plain popping kernals?

like the idea of that, as we like popcorn :)

Mmmm options hot choccy and a couple cadbury fingers I have if Im feeling like I need sweet stuff.

might try the options hot choc, with rich tea biccies, part of my problem is I've recently stopped smoking and before the diet I subbed the cigs with biscuits, instead of a fag and a cuppa it was a kit kat and a cuppa, now its just a cuppa and its boring! lol

Back