Crazy sense of smell....

cheekychick81

Gold Member
Hey... I'm just wondering whether anyone has noticed their sense of smell going crazy since being on s&s? I'm on day 34 I think today and the smell of mushrooms cooking is turning my stomach... It's not even a smell that has slightly bothered me in the past?!

Hmmm - can't say I've had that. The last time I was on the diet though I became overly interested in other people's food for a while (I think it was around week 6) I kept wanting to look at it and smell it. Luckily I managed to be subtle about my tendancies!

Never come across that on a vlcd before! Any chance you could be pregnant?

Never come across that on a vlcd before! Any chance you could be pregnant?

Ha ha... No I've ruled that one out! I happened last time I was on s&s... I couldn't stand the smell of my bf's insulin... I'm clearly just a strange creature :)

Interesting you mention that! I'm not finding stuff making me feel sick but I did notice my sense of smell for good turned me into a bloodhound!! I could smell restaurant food a fair distance away from where the restaurant was - my friend with me didn't smell it til we were much much closer and just in general I have found I've been smelling things stronger than usual.

Interesting you mention that! I'm not finding stuff making me feel sick but I did notice my sense of smell for good turned me into a bloodhound!! I could smell restaurant food a fair distance away from where the restaurant was - my friend with me didn't smell it til we were much much closer and just in general I have found I've been smelling things stronger than usual.

My general sense of smell is also much stronger... Fortunately I've not felt as sick through smells the last few days!

Back