cream

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Can anyone please tell me the difference between the different creams and their uses?

What is single and what is double and what is the difference?

Which is the best to use in cooking and how do you get a nice creamy sauce? (Mine comes out thin and not creamy and dribbly!!)

Can Clotted cream be eaten on Atkins? I know this sounds disgusting but I adore cream and can actually eat thick cream straight off a spoon and this infact would do for a "naughty" fix for me lol!!

Any help?

TIA x
:D

I will be interested to see replies on this aswell. I love, love, love cream.

Would like to know how to make lovely creamy sauces aswell.

Also is Strawberries and cream and ok low carb dessert?

hi.

single cream has less fat and calories while double cream is full fat. dont think strawberries are allowed on induction.

sorry im not sure about clotted cream but it does taste exactly like double cream in a thicker texture.

i make a great creamy mushroom sauce.

all you need to do is fry up some spring onions and mushrooms in plenty butter then add 4 tbs of double cream season to your taste, i add chilli flakes and other spices with a little salt and pepper then i quickly blitz it in a liquidiser for a few seconds.

sorry i couldnt be of more help x

Thanks Tamzy, that mushroom sauce sounds delish, but I may just leave whole rather than blitz and pour over my steak next time I have one....would that work as well or does blitzing make it thicker?

x

your welcome hun

well since your going to have it over your steak its better to eat it as it is without blitzing, but if you was to make a cauli mash it taste really good when you blitz it and just pour evenly over the mash lol:p

i also love whipping up the double cream and add in some sweetener or any other sugar free syrups then leave it in the fridge to get cold then put it on some jelly mmm yummy sweet treat. very filling aswell x

Tamzy im loving the whipped cream idea! do you whip double cream or whip whipping cream lol!? also what sugar free syrups are there?! i LOVE cream! xxx

hey hun, ive never tried the syrups and im not sure if the maple syrup is allowed but i no for sure that the double cream can b whipped up in a few seconds, i always add a tsp of sweetener to mine amd if u wana be adventurous then add a bit of vanilla extract to it then freeze for an hr , taste like vanilla icecream.:D

OMG defo having this tomorrow!!! whipped cream. . . . yummmmmmm xx

I made the most amazing cheese sauce with cream the other day. I just tipped a 300ml pot of double cream into a saucepan, added a knob of butter, pinch of mustard powder and a good handful of cheese once it was heated up (need to do it slowly so it doesn't boil). So so good over veg. The whole lot did me for about 5 meals.

Be careful with the amount of cream you eat, it can stall you.

No I love, love cream! Mmmmmm I've been mixing cream cheese, wi some double cream, sweetener and whisk with a wee but of vanilla extract.....it's like eating cream cheese frosting with out the cake!!!!

Now I must say I haven't had any of this this week and my sweet tooth seems to be down to sweetener in the coffee ;)

Back