Creamy Salmony thing? help im craving!!

SageMacd

Hi guys

I absolutley love this pasta thing i used to always have. (Penne a la salmone)It was penne pasta in a very creamy pinky smoked salmon tasting sauce with salmon peices through it. I was wanting to try something similar but maybe using Broccoli and Cauliflower or other veg instead. I just dont know how to make the amazing sauce. I was thinking of maybe using some Fage full fat yoghurt but how to i make it salmony tasting? any help would be much appreciated. Craving big time :-(

Baked Salmon with lemon parsley sauce.
4 Servings:
4 x large salmon steaks (mine were weighed raw as 200g / 7oz each)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 oz unsalted butter
1/4 pt heavy / whipping cream
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp lemon juice (juice of one small fresh lemon)
salt and pepper to taste
Oven temperature 180C / 350F / gas mark 4

1) Put salmon steaks in a lidded casserole dish or aluminium foil, drizzle the olive oil over them to help keep them moist. Put on the lid / wrap the foil to form a parcel. Put in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. (check after 15)

2) After the salmon has been in the oven for 10 minutes, put lemon juice, parsley, cream and butter into a small saucepan, heat very gently, stirring occassionally. Do not let it boil or the cream will curdle. Lightly season with salt and pepper.

Serve Salmon drizzled with sauce and salad or vegetables of choice (mine was grated celeriac, fennel and cucumber, add your own salad carbs!)
If you are allowed wine (I'm not at the moment, a nice Chablis is good for this recipe).

Per Portion:
Total carbs 1.48g
Total fibre 0.08g
Net carbs 1.4g

Had this for tea last week. DELISH!!!!!!!!!

Nicked off Atkins diet bulletin board

Back