Credit Crunch Recipes!

RoxieP

Hey all! Was wondering if we should start a thread with some ultra cheap low pp recipes? Was thinking stews with lots of cheap and cheerful root veggies etc now winter is closing in? I only started the plan a couple of days ago, so I haven't got any tried and tested recipes yet, but was wondering if any of you out there have any that are low in points but ultra cheap, as I am trying toget the food bill down!

I

RoxieP said:
Hey all! Was wondering if we should start a thread with some ultra cheap low pp recipes? Was thinking stews with lots of cheap and cheerful root veggies etc now winter is closing in? I only started the plan a couple of days ago, so I haven't got any tried and tested recipes yet, but was wondering if any of you out there have any that are low in points but ultra cheap, as I am trying toget the food bill down!

I

Paprika chicken n veg with sweet potato mash
Serves 2

Maggi paprika bag appx 50p in asda
Chicken breasts diced
1 courgette
3 mixed peppers
1 red onion
2 sweet potatoes

Chop courgette, peppers and onion and chicken. Season and shake in bag. Cook in bag for 30 - 40 mins
Boil sweet potato and mash with butter
Serve :D yummmmmm

Total points:10 and it's a hugeeeee portion x

Ta Tano!

Just thought I'd share, I made the bean and vegetable casserole that is one of the featured recipes on the iPhone app. Lots of inexpensive veg, and the quantity is huge, got 5 massive portions out of it so only 5 pp per portion and very filling.

RoxieP said:

I

Good idea!

Tano said:
Paprika chicken n veg with sweet potato mash
Serves 2

Maggi paprika bag appx 50p in asda
Chicken breasts diced
1 courgette
3 mixed peppers
1 red onion
2 sweet potatoes

Chop courgette, peppers and onion and chicken. Season and shake in bag. Cook in bag for 30 - 40 mins
Boil sweet potato and mash with butter
Serve :D yummmmmm

Total points:10 and it's a hugeeeee portion x

Yumm and sounds simple and easy

Thank you. That sounds lovely. I'll give it a go. Anything that reduces the food bill is apreciated here!

Back