crispy cereal - shaker or hand blender?

serenade

just waiting for my packs to arrive next week.

On CD at the moment and tend to mix everything with a hand blender.

are there any S&S that work better in a shaker rather than a hand blender, i know you have to hand blend hot drinks but what about the crispy shakes(don't want to get rid of the crispy bits)

Thanks

I use a shaker bottle for all shakes. I've done CD in the past and used a hand blender for all shakes but s&s mix well with just a shaker.

For the choc crispy shake, I mix with a spoon to a dessert consistency rather than a shake, feels more indulgent!

I use a shaker when out and about and a blender at home. Both give good results. I do use less water than suggested as they do seem a little thicker and 'nicer' that way! With the crispy shake if you blend it it does still leave some bits but I do prefer it from the shaker or really thick and eaten with a spoon. X

serenade said:
just waiting for my packs to arrive next week.

On CD at the moment and tend to mix everything with a hand blender.

are there any S&S that work better in a shaker rather than a hand blender, i know you have to hand blend hot drinks but what about the crispy shakes(don't want to get rid of the crispy bits)

Thanks

Shaker for all of mine. The crispy vanilla is kinda like rice crispies and choc one like cocopops i mix with water in shaker :)

I don't have the SnS shakes - but when I tried them I made the mistake of making the crispy one in the blender - not that xrispy after that!! The others are fine in either the blender or the shaker.

I always eat the crispy ones as pudding yum. All the other shakes I make with a blender bottle, makes it so easy to have at my desk, in the gym changing room etc

Ohhhhhh! What is this? How much water to make a pudding? I've got lots of trial flavours coming tomorrow, coming over from cd. Excited!

I usually just make a coffee, drink half then slowly pour it into a bowl with crispy chocolate, keep stirring and adding until its as thick or thin as you like. Can use water cold or warm, milk, coffee or tea (redbush nice). I have a ramekin to do pudding in only 50p just the right size

I have a LOT of crispy choc shakes to get through at the mo! I like them, but they kind of make me feel a bit 'empty' so will not be ordering them again!!
I have made the crispy shake into a cookie which is quite nice. I know it seems like a lot of effort (which I guess it is!!), but if you are craving something to bite and want to save your bar for later, it is worth it... This is an original CD/LL recipe and has been quoted numerous times!!!

Pre-heat oven at 150
Dissolve 2-3 tablet sweeteners in 4 teaspoons of sparkling water
Add the pack and stir well to a very thick 'paste' consistency
Shape into a large flat cookie round on baking parchment , don't worry if you think it is too flat as the sparkling water makes the cookie puff up
Bake for approx 15 mins Allow to cool or place in fridge for 5 minutes for a 'crispier' cookie

Menu today

Crispy choc shake cookie
2 Egg leek and mushroom omelette roll filled with spicy spaghetti meal pack
Cambridge Mint choc bar (FINISHING SOME CD PACKS AT THE MO!)

TOTALS 608 cals 40 carbs!!!! as per MyFitness pal

Back