Crmaps in calf muscles

claire8058

Hi , does anyone lese suffer with this. Since a couple of weeks into this I wake 2 or 3 times every night with cramps in my calf muscles. It's not excruciating pain, but pretty uncomfortable.

May be a lack of salt in your diet.

claire8058 said:
Hi , does anyone lese suffer with this. Since a couple of weeks into this I wake 2 or 3 times every night with cramps in my calf muscles. It's not excruciating pain, but pretty uncomfortable.

Sounds unpleasant hun. I hope this passes for you x

I had this on Atkins, not suffered on VLCD but potassium can sort it out- maybe a multivitamin would help? Used to wake up in the night with it, it was horrible- I found that curling my toes under helped to relieve it, bizarrely!

Agree with what people say about salt being related to cramp so I'd give those things a try. I had awful cramps midway through working on a tropical island (& sweating a lot!) for a month that disappeared once I started adding a little salt to my food.

Potassium I'd be more reluctant to mess about with trying to supplement without knowing the numbers (blood test) as too high can also be a problem.

Thanks everyone. I do drink my 3 litres of water a day plus tea & coffee. I have just started taking a multi-vitamin every day, so I'll see how that goes then maybe try a little salt.

Why not have some Marigold bullion every day - or the new SnS savoury drink? That'll add a bit of salt to your diet. I doubt multivitamins will make any difference to cramps.

Will try that. Ta

Back