Extra Easy Crumpets why so many syns??

gizlin

I am new to slimming world and to MiniMins and hope to meet many new friends on here. I have just started SW and wondered as crumpets only have 84 cals and 0.4 g fat why they make up so many as 4 syns each?? Can anyone help?

gizlin said:
I am new to slimming world and to MiniMins and hope to meet many new friends on here. I have just started SW and wondered as crumpets only have 84 cals and 0.4 g fat why they make up so many as 4 syns each?? Can anyone help?

Bread products (such as crumpets) don't qualify for any free food allowance so you have to syn them one syn for every 20 calories.. This is because they are primarily flour (which is always synned) and don't have enough fibre to be a hexb choice..

Hope this helped :)

Welcome :)

Its because they have no free food in them and most people would need to eat 3 to fell vaguely full, and be hungry an hour later. Plus there's the stuff you put on top to make them taste nice. Do the maths :) 3 crumpets, 270 calories, jam on top (the lowest syn thing I canthink off) another 60 calories. For the same calories, you could have a 3 egg omlette, 2 grilled flat mushrooms & 2 grilled vine tomatoes.

SW is all about encouraging you to eat low calorie, filling foods, that keep you full.

kingleds said:
Welcome :)

Its because they have no free food in them and most people would need to eat 3 to fell vaguely full, and be hungry an hour later. Plus there's the stuff you put on top to make them taste nice. Do the maths :) 3 crumpets, 270 calories, jam on top (the lowest syn thing I canthink off) another 60 calories. For the same calories, you could have a 3 egg omlette, 2 grilled flat mushrooms & 2 grilled vine tomatoes.

SW is all about encouraging you to eat low calorie, filling foods, that keep you full.

Sorry - posted at the same time - and yours was a much more detailed answer :) x

Thanks ladies I guess I just got a little confused as in the food optimising book on b choices (limited to 1 per day) on extra easy I get to pick up to 60g of any wholemeal bread without it being counted as a syn and wondered why as they approx have same calorie and fat content as a crumpet it was not considered the same??
Thanks so much for the info as so new to all this and trying to get my head around it so I dont going doing anything silly!!

Blimey are are far more silly questions asked by Newbies than that! Don't wory - i once asked if 30g of grated cheese weighed the same as 30g of a block of cheese.

Crumpets have very little fibre in there. WM bread is packed full of it, hence it is more filling, and hence its okay to eat as a Healthy B!

Welcome to this fab site from me too. It will all soon fit into place, just keep bobbing on asking questions if you need to know something. I cant guarantee to know the answer, but someone will! :)

Back