Cry cry cry

Lisajw200

Patches and quit spray just ain't working. Ecig wasn't the same so started on real faga again. Can't go on Champix. Read Allen Carrs book and still keep succumbing to cravings. My heads not in the right place atm. But have been told I've got to give up by GP and asthma nurse. Grrrr I'm livid with myself. I gave up for 3 months last year on patches then started again.

Hi Flumpet, don't beat yourself up, you keep trying which is the important thing. You need to learn from each time you try to give up and you WILL succeed when the time is right for you. Stopping for 3 months was terrific, try to remember how good you felt when you weren't smoking.
My motivation was a very close friend being diagnosed with COPD, we thought that we were going to lose him last year and I could see that I was heading the same way. I also stopped at the same time as another friend and we are helping each other to keep going, just passed the 3 months mark, so early days yet but still feeling positive.
Take care.

Katie1961 said:
Hi Flumpet, don't beat yourself up, you keep trying which is the important thing. You need to learn from each time you try to give up and you WILL succeed when the time is right for you. Stopping for 3 months was terrific, try to remember how good you felt when you weren't smoking.
My motivation was a very close friend being diagnosed with COPD, we thought that we were going to lose him last year and I could see that I was heading the same way. I also stopped at the same time as another friend and we are helping each other to keep going, just passed the 3 months mark, so early days yet but still feeling positive.
Take care.[/

Hi Katie sorry to hear about your close friend. I too have the onset of COPD. I lost my Dad with lung cancer 11 years ago. It's hard isn't it. But the last few days I have cut down now I've stopped completely today. So far so good. Well done for stopping for 3 months. Good for you. Take care Katie and thanks for your encouragement and replying. Take care and keep up the good work.

Hi Katie sorry to hear about your close friend. I too have the onset of COPD. Yes I'm ok now and have stopped today. I have been cutting down the last few days. Well done for stopping for 3 months. Good for you. I lost my Dad with long cancer 11 years ago. It's hard to watch the ones you love suffer isn't it. Yes I much more positive now thanks. Take care and good for you for stopping for 3 months. You'll do it :)

Hi Flumpet, thank you and I am so pleased you are trying again.
Hope your first day went OK. Look after yourself.

Back