Cup a soup

Sugarloaf85

Right!! I'm blaming the cup a soup for my sts this week! I love them and had 1/2 everyday last week in the afternoons/evening with my spares calories. I'm going to limit them to twice a week from now on. Yikes at the sodium content! Surprised my legs haven't swelled up with the water I must be holding. :-( xx

Currently 16st. 1.5lbs

Aw nina beans sorry to hear your diasappointed with your sts this week.
I've just checked my Box of asda gfy leek ans potato ones they say sodium 0.50g equivalent as salt 1.3g per sachet. Is this bad?
They are nice in this cold weather :)

I'm not sure to be honest. Ha ha! I think I'm just blaming the cup a soups at the moment. Lol. I'll try the good for you ones and see if that helps me. Thanks!! X

Currently 16st. 1.5lbs

Make soup. I make a big vat of veggie soup and keep it in the fridge all week.
I normally bung in assorted veggies, lentils and passata then blend.
On and lots of garlic and chilli. Probably similar cals to a cup a soup but better for you and not tons of sodium/flavourings

I keep saying ill make some every week! Ha ha! Never get round to it. I just love soup too. I've got a few days off next week. Think ill give it a good. Everyone says its so easy to make your own :) ill let you k ow how it turns out! Xx

Currently 15st 13.25lbs

I make at least 2 soups a week. One of my favourites is tomato and red pepper.

Use 12 ripe tomatoes- on the vi ne are nicer
1 pointed red pepper- they're sweeter
1 onion
1 veg stock cube
Pepper
Basil - fresh is nicer added near the end but if you use dried add it as you cook in the pan
2tbsp tomato purée - optional

Cut the tomatoes in half and place cut side down on a roasting tray

Peel and cut the onion into chunks and put on the tray

Cut and desired the pepper and put in the tray

Roast the veg for 30-40 mins on 180. This intensified the natural sweetness of the veg

Cool slightly then pull the skins off the tomatoes

Place all veg in a casserole dish/large pan with dried basil and pepper

Add the stick cube and enough water to cover

Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-30 mins

If you add the tomatoe purée it adds a depth to the flavour. But the soup is yummy without

Blitz till smooth with a hand blender in the pan

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back