Cupcakes Anonymous

Hello, my name is Siobhan and I'm 21, currently at university. I'm around them 5ft mark and I weigh 14.6stone. Saying how much I weigh is a big step. I'm really ashamed that its gotten out of control.

I'll point out the obvious and say I'm new here. I was with SW for a year in 2011 I quit when I ended up being heavier then when I started. My consultant said it was because I wasn't eating enough (shocking I know!). My nurse also said it was because I was on them injection. These sounded like excuses to me, to not make me feel some bad.

Iv always had problems with my weight on both ends of them scale. My early teens I was borderline anorexic weighing 7stone at age 16 to now double that.

Sorry about the rant but I felt I needed to explain. Right now I'm going to really start fresh. I have no excuses. I'm at uni some I'm in charge of them shopping etc.
Iv read through a few posts on here and the support is amazing. I will be doing this from home as again funds are limited.

Here is to a slimmer year!

Hi Siobhan, Minimins is a fab place for support!

Good luck on your journey!

Hi Siobhan,

I'm 23 & starting Slimming World next Monday for the first time. I've tried numerous diets before, ending up putting more weight back on than I lost in the first place. I know how difficult it is to stick to diets during University. I graduated a year and a half ago and throughout my degree I piled on the weight. I'm not entirely sure what I weigh at the moment, but I know it's around the 13 stone mark. I completely understand how difficult it is to say or even just write my weight..it's difficult to admit it lol!

Good luck for your first weight loss week, I look forward to hearing about your great results!

LJ x

Hi Siobhan,

I'm 23 & starting Slimming World next Monday for the first time. I've tried numerous diets before, ending up putting more weight back on than I lost in the first place. I know how difficult it is to stick to diets during University. I graduated a year and a half ago and throughout my degree I piled on the weight. I'm not entirely sure what I weigh at the moment, but I know it's around the 13 stone mark. I completely understand how difficult it is to say or even just write my weight..it's difficult to admit it lol!

Good luck for your first weight loss week, I look forward to hearing about your great results!

LJ x

Thank you and good luck! I really enjoyed going to group and if I could spare the money I would in a heart beat! The support is amazing and can make the difference.
Iv put on 8lbs at least since I started uni. With my first term over and my second starting next week id rather get on too of It's now! Im still on xmas break and I'm heading back to campus on sunday. Then I'm really going to prepare. Cook soup bolognese etc :) hard to keep on track while I'm home.

Xx

I couldn't afford to go to classes while at Uni, every penny counts as a student!

It's great that you are going to plan & prepare your meals when you go back next week. Do you have flat mates that could join in / take turns with the cooking?

I lived on cheese toasties & fast food at Uni, not mentioning the alcohol consumed, it's no wonder I put on so much weight lol.

LJ x

Hi there, well done on coming on here and making a positive start. I'm 23 and have been doing SW at home for the last year and have lost 4 stone so as long as you're in the right frame of mind, you can do it! I know uni is full of temptation with takeaways/nights out etc but just remember why you're doing this whenever you're tempted and hopefully it'll keep you on track.

Keep posting here for help/support, I couldn't have done it this year without Minimins :) x

Back