Curry

imey

You know the ww ready meal, chicken curry with rice which is 4.5pt, well does anyone know how to make a curry from scratch that tastes like this?
I make the curry with tinned toms and curry powder etc but i don't particularly like it and i prefer more chinese-y type curries.

chinese currys tend to have 5 spice in them and less curry powder and myabe you could add some creme fraiche or something low fat but creamy im not sure how to make a chinesy curry but i assume it would be veg stock,chicken,onions,five spice, and keep adding others until you like the taste and thicken :) xx

Asda do it its 99p i think :)

if i remember correctly it's by a brand/company called mayflower, and theirs in 1.5points, can buy it from cool traders in a huge bag for 99p or from farmfoods, and farmfoods also do mayflower chicken currys already made up for you along with beef curry, sweet and sour chicken chow meins and also egg fried rice and all of them are not too shabby points wise tbh think the chicken one is 98cals and 0.4sat fat per 100gs and it's 220gs for the whole thing, soooo... about 225 cals... not even that and about 0.9 / 1 in sat fat, which is 3.5 points for whole tinned tray and it's big too :)

I know you said home made, rather than ready made, but the Sharwoods Cantonese Cook In Sauce, in the 425g jar, is 3.5points for the whole jar, I have it on chips :|

It's bang on, just like the sauce in the WW curry.

As for homemade, I struggle with curry. I'm a "chuck in a bit of this and a bit of that" type of cook, can never make the same thing twice :D

I know you said home made, rather than ready made, but the Sharwoods Cantonese Cook In Sauce, in the 425g jar, is 3.5points for the whole jar, I have it on chips :|

It's bang on, just like the sauce in the WW curry.

As for homemade, I struggle with curry. I'm a "chuck in a bit of this and a bit of that" type of cook, can never make the same thing twice :D

excellent thank you will have to try some of this!

mmm sounds lovely :) i will be popping for some later xx

Back