• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Curves - Ladies only gym

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
No but I used to go to a ladies only gym and tbh I find the over fit, pert bottomed women more intimidating than the men at the mixed gym!

Blimey! Curves is nothing like that.....In my local club there are ladies from 17-79!......It's so friendly and supportive....All shapes and sizes as well.....I am about 8stone overweight so no pert bottom here I can assure u!.....Yes you do get the occasional slim and fit lady but they weren't always like that...they have had to work hard and they are actually a real inspiration for people like me.

I never thought I would enjoy going to a gym...but I have managed to lose nearly 2 stone since January 14th this year.

I was really hoping that there was going to be a Curves area on this forum as the American one is very very American (if u know what I mean!)

Trish x

Taz

Spam Hunter
I haven't seen a Curves gym before. Are they a big chain?

I had a great personal trainer at my old gym though, that was the only thing I missed

Sarette

Gold Member
S: 18st9lb C: 13st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 4st11lb(25.67%)
There's no Curves near me :( In fact no decent gyms at all :(

Taz

Spam Hunter
I really want a personal trainer, I need someone to kick my arse into gear when I really don't feel like doing anything but they are expensive aren't they?

S: 22st3lb C: 21st8lb G: 14st7lb BMI: 44.6 Loss: 0st9lb(2.89%)
I'm sure there are quite a few ladies who use Curves. I used to go to my local one but kinda lost interest - that's why I'm still the size I am - no staying power!

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
S: 19st9lb C: 14st0lb G: 12st11lb BMI: 32.6 Loss: 5st9lb(28.73%)
I Used To Go To Curves But Have Changed Over To Another Gym That Has The Same Workout In It.curves Is Great ,like Any Workout If You Stick To It.i`ve Lost Ten Inches And Stone And Half In Approx 2 Months.

Hello Taz.......I kind of have a 'personal trainer'....Sharon is the Manageress and a really inspirational and motivational superstar! She helps to keep my eye on the goal.....She weighs and measures me every month.....We have such a laugh! I used to be addicted to crisps and cakes....now I'm addicted to Curves!! This is the 1st time in my life that I really feel I can get to the weight I want to.....and to stay there!!......I look forward to going to Curves 4-6 times a week...and as the circuit only takes 30 minutes I can fit it into my busy lifestyle (work full time and have 2 teenage kids)....

I had a medical at work last week and for the 1st time I can remember my blood pressure was normal....and my cholesterol was normal as well....

I must find a tracker and jazz up my profile...hopefully have time later..

Ladies, I must thank you for such a friendly welcome xx

Taz

Spam Hunter
I checked out the Curves website and there aren't any at all in my area!

Oh Taz! I'm sorry there isn't one in your area.....Move to Somerset?:p

I wrote a story in our local paper last week and 27 ladies have joined my gym this week!

I am so desperate to hear from other ladies in the UK who go to Curves.....The American website is pants!

Maybe I should start one?.....Only problem is I wouldnt have a clue how to start....hey ho...xxxx

Tell u what I will do though Kaz....I'll have a word with the owner of my gym...I wonder if she is aware that there is an oportunity to move into the Bristol area.....

S: 11st5lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I joined curves 2 years ago and lost NOTHING. 1 of the girls I work with was the same and another is doing it now and is very disapointed.

I wouldnt waste my money on them - spend it in a proper gym.

I disagree completely....it's an amazing gym....I wouldnt set foot in a normal gym again...I was bored stiff at a normal gym...surrounded by skinny women and pumped up sweaty men....All the ladies at my gym lose weight regularly.....:)

Taz

Spam Hunter
Not really much use now but I used to live in B-o-S so the Bridgwater one would have been ideal. Tell them to open one in Bristol!

oxoxallyoxox, why do you think you didn't lose weight? Were you dietting while you were gyming?

Taz...I'll ask tomorrow :).....

I dont consider myself to be on a diet....I have just changed my whole attitude to food....I make healthy choices now...but in a way that I can stick to for the rest of my life.....I enjoy the things I used to hate and am happy to avoid all the naughty things I used to eat.....All I do these days is think to myself.....do I want that packet of crisps or do I want to reach my goals?.........No contest really....

Taz

Spam Hunter
Wow I wish I could be so restrained! I usually eat the crisps then think That really wasn't worth it!

Taz.....I honestly used to be exactly like that......It's my 21st Wedding Anniversary at the end of May and I want to lose 3 stone by then.....We're going to Paris for a week to celebrate.....Then I want to lose another 2 stone by the end of September before we go to Kefalonia for a little holiday......Then another stone by Christmas..........So....instead of saying I want to lose 6 stones I have broken it down to achievable chunks....Wish me luck? xxxx