cushion hugger no more

cushionhugger

Starting on TFR S&S tomorrow as I missed my delivery this morning. Thought I'd start a diary so I can keep track of my progress.
I've ordered a weeks supply of shakes,soups, meals and bars, so I can note down which ones I liked here, and reorder for next week. Woooo so excited to get started. I've been neglecting myself for so long, and using food as an emotional crutch and friend. My mantra is: Food is FUEL not my friend. I can do this, I know I can. Its bizarre that I've let myself eat rubbish for so longer when I'm so anal about my pet's nutrition. I need to apply the same determination to give them the best, to myself too.
Roll on tomorrow, Cant wait to get started!

Love the title cushion hugger, thats what i do lol.
Good luck on this although if you stick you just cannot fail to lose the lbs.

Good luck in your start tomorrow :) xx

Thanks Cable. Can't wait until I can sit down and not instantly grab a cushion to hide behind! I'm going to stick to it, I have to. x

Thanks Emilyx. Im nervous now, but the good kind of nervous lol :). x

Well here goes day 1! As Im starting on a friday, I'll have the weekend to deal with the dreaded day 3! Got to go to a bbq tonight, already I'm going to have to think of a reason not to eat. I might just stay later at work, and turn up when most of the foods gone. Going to have a shake for breakfast. x

Good luck for the BBQ later! Were off to see the ex's parents which will probably mean a BBQ or something, so Im taking a bar and a coke zero with me, if its chicken Ill have a nibble if I feel I need to. Which shake are you going to have today? They are some really nice flavours, really filling :) xx

Thanks, you too! i had the red fruits shake, and it was quite nice. I don't really like sweet things, so I'm impressed.Feel full as well, wasn't expecting that! I didn't realize we could have coke zero. Are there any other drinks we can have? xx

Had Macaroni cheese for lunch. was very hungry. literally counting down the minutes until i could have it. was delish, tho tiny! I wasn't going to have the veg allowance for the diet, but seeing the portion sizes, I've changed my mind. I've weighed up a portion of mushrooms, leeks and courgette to have with whichever dinner I choose. I'm so not used to feeling hungry, what with constant snacking and the whacking portion sizes I have. Feeling doubtful I can do this now. Going to work soon so that will be another challenge- avoiding the biscuit tin!! Feel really tired and emotional but i think thats just the awful night's sleep I had. Right, off to pull my socks up, and carry on!

Yes it does make it easier bulking it out with veg or salad, that's what I do, good luck for later on it will get easier and you will get into a routine of when to have them, mine is

shake , 11am
Shake, 3pm
Bar, 5pm
Meal pack and sometimes with chicken, 7pm

This is taken from their website

The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

• Tea
  • Coffee
  • Coke Zero
  • Asda Diet Coke
  • Dr Pepper Zero
  • Bouillon
  • Green Tea
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Tescos own Strawberry Water
  • Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
  • Sainsbury's Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Zero

So just make sure whatever you drink doesnt have citric acid and your good to go :)

I'm at work, and so so hungry, but I feel better now. Much more optimistic. X

Good luck cushionhugger (love the name)
Just make sure you have the water and drink plenty of it. It will keep hunger at bay and help with weight loss.
Luck forward to hearing all about your progress x x

Well I had another shake for dinner last night and a vanilla and almond choc bar, which I wasnt too keen on. I went out with friends and just drank water and fizzy water, but had to go in early as my headache got so bad. My vision blurred and I felt awful. Sorry tmi-was also on the toilet with an upset tummy most of the night. Im glad the headache has eased off now as I was near to quitting, I felt so bad. Im thinking I might change to 3 meals a day as I'm missing the texture of real food. Feeling quite down but glad I survived day 1.Going to have a shake for breakfast and spag bol for lunch me thinks. x

He dreaded headache, you poor thing, I would definitely double up on the water in this heat, it is hard missing food but when ketosis kicks in you find you aren't that hungry, good luck today x

You will feel a little nauseous and have a headache unfortunately Cushionhugger.
Up the water and try not to do too much until you're in ketosis and it will ease off.
If you can only get to day3 you'll be burning fat cells and it will all be worth it I promise.x x

The headache seems to be a common thing, its a carb withdrawal and the process of going into ketosis it seems. I had a major headache for a few days, even yesterday but today I've woken up with a huge burst of energy, already done most of my jobs that I was planning to do throughout the day and its not even 9:30 yet (9:29 ;)) so its worth sticking it out for. Im already having to look into buying size 10 tops when the other day my size 12 top was getting a bit tight. Just remember the headaches do go! I also had an upset tummy when I had a dark truffa bar then I read somewhere that the bars can sometimes cause an upset tummy, I know one girl on here had a real rough time with the spag bol so it could be the ingredients in something.

Hope today is going a lot better today :) xxx

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. It's reassuring to know it wont last for too long. I'll definitely up my water today. Just had spag bol for breakfast with some veg. Was quite tasty. I'll have soup for lunch I think. Couldnt face a shake- still feeling a little bit sicky. I'm really glad I started over the weekend now. I wouldnt be able to cope if I was at work! Going to go shopping today for protein and more veg, and go out and enjoy the nice weather with my other half. Even though he keeps talking about foods I cant eat (and more importantly dont want to eat as thats what got me to the weight I am now!), the git.Lol. xx

I bbqd my protein-skinless chicken breast and it was lovely. just had my shake-vanilla, smelt sickly, but tasted nice. have relaxed a lot today, havent got a headache atm, so feeling good. Cant wait to start losing and toning up.xxx

Back